Hallam FC V Sheffield Wednesday XI

Guest Saturday Owl

Just got home and I've got to say that was actually a waste of money, our academy is absolutely terrible.

McAuley needs to go and we need to completely sort out the facilities as we do the players.

Get rid of them all and start again, otherwise our academy is just going to be a big drain on us.

one million percent this...... ^^

So we do have some decent players coming through then?

Not many, obviously.

I know they're only teenagers, but if they're in our academy with aspirations of making it as a professional at a League One (or hopefully Championship by the time they break through) level, they really ought to be doing better than getting comfortably beaten by players at the level of Stocksbridge, Sheffield FC and Hallam.

Our Academy is one of the worse in England not only for results but for history of bringing players through.

You only have to look down the road at the sort of finances that an Academy can bring to a club when ran properly.

Ive said for many years if we could sort this out it could solve or solved a hell of alot of our financial problems. I cant see this happening though for a long time Milan won't put money in to the Academy as it may take 5 years to see any benefit and by that time, he most probably will have sold the club at a profit.

What the flip is Sean Macauly doing? Why the hell did LS give this man a five year contract? Can't remember the last time the young lads won. No wonder there is a losing culture at this club when we are getting constantly beat.

Because his scouting system only looks at 'athletes' who can cover ground run all day and can wack the ball miles when it comes to them. Fundamentally flawed scouting and coaching. SWFC for example could have scouted sigened and retained ANY of the current SUFC squad that recently got to the final of the FA youth cup. The difference is that SUFC go for players that can play football and SWFC go for massive phsysical specimins that can run all day but have little football intelligence or ability.

Until the scouting and coaching systems change we will never produce a player of any note.

Because his scouting system only looks at 'athletes' who can cover ground run all day and can wack the ball miles when it comes to them. Fundamentally flawed scouting and coaching. SWFC for example could have scouted sigened and retained ANY of the current SUFC squad that recently got to the final of the FA youth cup. The difference is that SUFC go for players that can play football and SWFC go for massive phsysical specimins that can run all day but have little football intelligence or ability.

Until the scouting and coaching systems change we will never produce a player of any note.

And SUFC teach them how to play football not just knock it long in to the corners

1 bright spot .Mitch Husbands, number 8. Good game and great goal.

Look after that lad Wednesday

Glad someone else thought that. He was best man on the field by a mile. A mate told me his dads a masive pig fan, hope he has a mind of his own :o( errrrrrrr ! BTW the next 11 best men all played for Hallam

And SUFC teach them how to play football not just knock it long in to the corners

How they are told to play is almost immaterial, the fact of the matter is that they are better footballers as the U18's showed last year

Glad someone else thought that. He was best man on the field by a mile. A mate told me his dads a masive pig fan, hope he has a mind of his own :o( errrrrrrr ! BTW the next 11 best men all played for Hallam

His Dad is indeed a Rabid Blades fan but he also a decent bloke. He realised Mitch would perhaps have a better chance at SWFC as his year group at SUFC was chocca and I dont think he would have got in. Needs a lot of work but good prospect

Athletes who can cover the ground, run all day and whack the ball miles eh, perfect training then for when they reach the first team

Whos fisrt team would that be ? dont see prutton and semedo banging the ball everywhere !

How they are told to play is almost immaterial, the fact of the matter is that they are better footballers as the U18's showed last year

Exactly and have done for many years, that probably wasn't there best U18's side of recent years either. Whoever set that academy up deserves a hell of alot of praise theyve done a cracking job.

From watching at Hallam I'd say the best prospects were Husbands and Nyoni.

The wide men got up and down the pitch well, but obviously were told not to cross the ball as whenever they got in a "crossing position" they passed the ball back out. While I understand that they're only youngsters and were quite a lot smaller that Hallam *in terms of winning headers*, it let the opposition know what we were going to do every time we went forward.

I don't think the majority of the Academy players were as bad as is being reported. They looked steady, but not world beating.

I think this comes from the coaching more than anything. They've obviously got the drills nailed down with the basics, but lack a bit of flair, and the coaches don't appear to have any idea of tactics.