Membership 2011/12

With all the recent positive news around S6. I think that it is an ideal time to attract non ST typres like myself back to joining as a member,

I have been a member in the past but let it lapse becasue it really did not offer any real value.

There is a massive market for selling a good quality membership package ( Perhaps having a Gold , Silver, Bronze levels ) to all owls fans who for whatever reason can't or do not want to have a season ticket.

A top level membership package could include:

A 3 match ( Mini ST ) option

Preferential walk up rates

The ticket allocation benefit it has now.

Members bar etc.

Perhaps this should also include the foundation package and perhaps when we finally get out of contract witht current Wednesday Player company a radio / video highlights deal.

Just a thought.

Any other ideas?

Guest James-The-Owl

I've had a ST for the past six seasons but I start university next year so it's highly unlikely I'll be renewing, unfortunately. I did think about getting a membership but what advantages does it actually have? Will it give me a better chance of guarenteeing myself a ticket for the Derby at home? Do I get any sort of priority on away tickets? And how much is it?

Guest intercity0wl

I've had a ST for the past six seasons but I start university next year so it's highly unlikely I'll be renewing, unfortunately. I did think about getting a membership but what advantages does it actually have? Will it give me a better chance of guarenteeing myself a ticket for the Derby at home? Do I get any sort of priority on away tickets? And how much is it?

http://www.swfc.co.uk/page/Membership/0,,10304,00.html

Guest intercity0wl

Having us on? 2010/11? Bit behind aren't ya?

Not really, seeing as no detail about this years membership have been issued (and i doubt much will alter), its about as upto date as i could put to answer the posters Question, re what benefits ya get for your money being a club member.

Edited by intercity0wl

If you're about to start uni this year I'm assuming you would otherwise be buying adult tickets. Community membership this year has let students have about £10 off each ticket and it only costs £10 for the year. You also got a free scarf.

Guest James-The-Owl

If you're about to start uni this year I'm assuming you would otherwise be buying adult tickets. Community membership this year has let students have about £10 off each ticket and it only costs £10 for the year. You also got a free scarf.

Yeah, cheers, that sounds pretty good!

Not really, seeing as no detail about this years membership have been issued (and i doubt much will alter), its about as upto date as i could put to answer the posters Question, re what benefits ya get for your money being a club member.

But why would he ask what he would get for a membership LAST season?

Guest intercity0wl

But why would he ask what he would get for a membership LAST season?

Mmm good question, will have a think over mi Brecky :cool:

Still no update on membership how hard can this be?

Yeah Ive noticed this too, & the membership section on the OS is now blank ??

Don't know what it is like now, but when I was a student you paid £15 a year for a membership and then about £9 per ticket in the North.

Even with my train journey from Lincoln (also discounted for students) it was cheaper than I paid as an adult upon qualifying.

Admittedly it has been seven years since I left uni, so it could be completely different now.

Guest intercity0wl

Don't know what it is like now, but when I was a student you paid £15 a year for a membership and then about £9 per ticket in the North.

Even with my train journey from Lincoln (also discounted for students) it was cheaper than I paid as an adult upon qualifying.

Admittedly it has been seven years since I left uni, so it could be completely different now.

It is, or should i say it was last season.

2011/12 Membership

Owls Membership has been revamped for the 2011-12 season and now offers a £2 adult discount on tickets for every league game, plus a two-week priority period in which only members will be able to buy home tickets before they go on general sale.

Other adult membership benefits include priority on league and cup away tickets, £10 of WednesdayCard points to spend in the Owls Megastore, an ongoing loyalty points redemption scheme and discount on an innovative and brand new in-stadium matchday radio commentary service - so you can listen to the commentary whilst watching the game!

Adult Owls Membership is only £20 for the full season.

Junior Owls Membership is only £15 and includes access to cheaper match tickets, £5 of WednesdayCard points, priority on home and away tickets, an ongoing loyalty points redemption scheme, entry intoa draw to become a mascot, discounts on community birthday parties and Soccer Camps and more!

The club are also offering a Student Owls Membership scheme, priced at £15, which includes access to cheaper match tickets and similar benefits to adult memberships.

For the 2011-12 season the previously available 'Community' level of membership has been discontinued, however the club will allow eligible 2010-11 Community members the chance to renew at the Student Owls Membership rate for this season only as a gesture of goodwill.

Owls Membership packages go on sale today, Monday 20 June.

Buy Membership in person at the Owls Megastore or online at the official Sheffield Wednesday Online Shop.

BENEFITS:

Adult Owls Membership - £20

- 1,000 WednesdayCard points (value £10)

- £2 discount on all home match tickets (available online and in the ticket office)

- Priority tickets for all home fixtures (two weeks prior to general sale)

- Priority for all league and cup away fixtures

- Five WednesdayCard points per pound spent on Owls merchandise

- Half price matchday commentary radio

Junior Owls Membership - £15 (Under-8s and Under-16s levels available)

- 500 WednesdayCard points (value £5)

- Access to cheaper home match tickets at the relevant level (available online and in the ticket office)

- Priority second tier for all away fixtures

- 5 WednesdayCard points per pound spent on Owls merchandise

- Entry into a draw to become either a home or away Mascot (seperate age restrictions apply)

- 10 per cent discount on SWFC Community birthday parties

- 10 per cent discount on SWFC Soccer Camps

- Birthday acknowledgement in the matchday programme

- Official SWFC gift

Student Owls Membership - £15

- 1,000 WednesdayCard points (value £10)

- Access to cheaper home match tickets at the relevant level (available online and in the ticket office)

- Priority for all league and cup away fixtures

-5 WednesdayCard points per pound spent on Owls merchandise

- Half price matchday commentary radio

Guest intercity0wl

£5.00 Cheaper than last season, and still includes the £10.00 back in Teamcard points making it really only £10 for membership in total.

Combined with the new £2 discount, and priority on Home tickets ( handy when buying tickets for friends) then NOT buying membership seems insane, will renew ours later this week .

Any more news on the in-stadium radio commentary service?

Obviously from the membership details, it's going to be some sort of subscription service. Would like to know how it works & at what costs.

Any more news on the in-stadium radio commentary service?

Obviously from the membership details, it's going to be some sort of subscription service. Would like to know how it works & at what costs.

I posted a thread here last season on the subject of a scheme that Burnley offer.

Their product (here) is £7.50 - would assume/hope that ours is a similar price.

£5.00 Cheaper than last season, and still includes the £10.00 back in Teamcard points making it really only £10 for membership in total.

Combined with the new £2 discount, and priority on Home tickets ( handy when buying tickets for friends) then NOT buying membership seems insane, will renew ours later this week .

Agreed. I'm not a season ticket holder as being darn sarf I only managed around a dozen games last season - 2 quid discount on each ticket means the membership will pay for itself before even taking the Teamcard points into account.

Well done Wednesday that's a lot better.

A good deal offering your customers real value.

And on that basis this customer has just renewed his membership :biggrin:

What I think still needs to be looked at because IMO it would be a real money winner for the club would be to offer an enhanced membership package possibly £49 or £99 and produce some real excellent offers, including perhaps discounts onmatchday meals etc etc

As I said I am very happy with the twenty quid deal and ordered it on the spot. I just think that club is missing a great opportunity here.