Dear Sheffield Wednesday, I beg of you.....

Dear Sheffield Wednesday,

This season has been a massive disappointment. I have travelled along way regularly for both home and away games and although they have been memorable, they have been memorable for all the wrong reasons. I have spent many hours travelling with excitement and, maybe stupidly, expectations of seeing a fine Sheffield Wednesday performance thinking I will return late with not only a great mood, but stories to tell of a great footballing experience.

Unfortuantely I have returned with bad moods and ramblings of terrible football and worries of dropping to a standard of football that would be not only unimaginable, but down right embarrassing. This has by no means forced me to reconsider making an appearence at any ground, but has at times numbed the excitement of watching football.

This Saturday, on the final day of the season, some team's league status hang in the balance. A tantalising 90 minutes of football, some having to clutch at the radio for scores elsewhere around the country. Us on the other hand have Exeter City at home. A team who also know they will be playing league 1 football next season and who have next to nothing to play for. A team who, in December, we played on a day that many of us travelled a long way not knowing whether we'll be seeing any football at all. That day, in my view, is one of the most embarrassing marks on our history. A day in which we, the fans, showed when it was made incredibly difficult for us just to show, but unfortunately our beloved Owls team did not. A humiliating 5-1 deafeat was all we had untill the turn of the new year.

To that end I beg you to avenge this humiliation on the last day of the season against this Exeter side that has left such a mental scar on our footballing souls. Although asking you to score 5 goals against a team who have had an incredible season for a club like theirs at this level is a lot, I will settle for a decent performance and 3 points. Please, don't make our final memories of the 2010/11 season the same as the final ones of 2010.

Thanks in advance,

Pompeyowl.

Guest Saturday Owl

Good post and particularly agree with the Exeter points. There no mugs with some good players at this level (Ryan Harley) so I expect a tough game.

3 points this Saturday gaining some momentum going into the new season and a top half finish would be a respectable end to an abysmal season.

Going for a 2-1 Wednesday win, much like the Colchester game but Exeter scoring first early on and then we go out and score goals either side of half time :happy:

Guest Saturday Owl

Hope you're right.

I think if we play how we did against Colchester then we should get a win. Play the ball across the floor and attack more through the centre.

Since our wingers are no good (Barring JJ) we should get Miller on the ball as much as possible.

My only concern is Ryan Harley is going to get far too much time on the ball and cause us problems, if Cureton gets in behind he wont miss.

Hopefully next season this will be addressed with the signings of Clingan and Oaklety. (PLEASE)

Good post mate. I'm looking forward to a comfortable win tbh.

I think a fair few Owls were thinking that in December, I would say there is no such thing as a comfortable win on paper in this division, but I hope at least a ghost will be repelled if we did win that one.

I think a fair few Owls were thinking that in December, I would say there is no such thing as a comfortable win on paper in this division, but I hope at least a ghost will be repelled if we did win that one.

I would say there is such a thing as a comfortable win, i.e what Exeter did to us at their place.

I class a win by 3 or more goals a comfortable win.

I would say there is such a thing as a comfortable win, i.e what Exeter did to us at their place.

I class a win by 3 or more goals a comfortable win.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing! Read it again, there is no easy win on paper . Do you seriously think it will be a comfortable win by 3 goals or more (as you say) on Saturday?

Hindsight is a wonderful thing! Read it again, there is no easy win on paper . Do you seriously think it will be a comfortable win by 3 goals or more (as you say) on Saturday?

Yeah i do. Have you been to the last 3 home games? You do know we've scored 9 goals? Right?

Yeah i do. Have you been to the last 3 home games? You do know we've scored 9 goals? Right?

I have indeed been in attendance, cant make my season ticket go to waste :happy: . You do realise that only 1 of those 3 games was won by 3 goals or more? Right?

Why you expecting that to change for Exeter? I'm interested in your logic?

I have indeed been in attendance, cant make my season ticket go to waste :happy: . You do realise that only 1 of those 3 games was won by 3 goals or more? Right?

Why you expecting that to change for Exeter? I'm interested in your logic?

Simple, i'm expecting a comfortable win on saturday, as i said in my first post. Is it really that hard to grasp? :rolleyes:

Simple, i'm expecting a comfortable win on saturday, as i said in my first post. Is it really that hard to grasp? :rolleyes:

:biggrin: Didn't mean to touch a nerve.

I don't think you understood my first post. I understand you are expecting a comfortable win, I stated many other Wednesday fan's thought the same (me included) for our trip to Exeter, this didn't happen. I'm just interested why you think it will be such a walkover on Saturday? Do you know something I don't? I see Exeter as this season's dark horses, organised, play good stuff and have a sound structure in place for years. This is a forum after all for debate isn't it?

:biggrin: Didn't mean to touch a nerve.

I don't think you understood my first post. I understand you are expecting a comfortable win, I stated many other Wednesday fan's thought the same (me included) for our trip to Exeter, this didn't happen. I'm just interested why you think it will be such a walkover on Saturday? Do you know something I don't? I see Exeter as this season's dark horses, organised, play good stuff and have a sound structure in place for years. This is a forum after all for debate isn't it?

Correct, if we all agreed it would be a boaring place to be.

A couple of reasons why i predict we'll win comfortably on saturday.

We seem to have found our feet at home and definately found where the back of the net is.

We'll have a decent vocal end of season crowd behind the lads which will be an obvious benifit to us and a hindrance to them, infact it's probably the biggest crowd they've played infront of this season.

Admitted both clubs don't really have much to play for, but we are at home, they are away and have a very long drive up here.

Wednesday 3 Exeter 0

Mellor x2

JJ.

Get a few quid on it.

Correct, if we all agreed it would be a boaring place to be.

A couple of reasons why i predict we'll win comfortably on saturday.

We seem to have found our feet at home and definately found where the back of the net is.

We'll have a decent vocal end of season crowd behind the lads which will be an obvious benifit to us and a hindrance to them, infact it's probably the biggest crowd they've played infront of this season.

Admitted both clubs don't really have much to play for, but we are at home, they are away and have a very long drive up here.

Wednesday 3 Exeter 0

Mellor x2

JJ.

A good point or two raised. If I were a betting man I would say we should take it. I'm going for 2-1 (maybe 3-1 at a push) I think Mellor will definitely score being his potential swansong with us but I believe a lot will depend on Megson. For Swindon I think we were on course for a 5-1 thrashing of them until he went for a 4-5-1, then we lost our shape a little despite the game being won. I hope he doesn't do it on Saturday. Not much to lose, I hope we enjoy it and attack, attack, attack. I hope the crowd will be over 20,000

Get a few quid on it.

A 3-0 win on the last day of the season would be very satisfactory in my view.

I'd probably be happy with a 1-0 win if we play the knid of football we did against Colchester at home.

The only problem is that even in a game that we completely dominated (against Col U), we scored twice, but still made the final minutes quite nervy by conceding a needless goal.

Hoping also for a big crowd and a cracking atmosphere.

Since our wingers are no good (Barring JJ) we should get Miller on the ball as much as possible.

My only concern is Ryan Harley is going to get far too much time on the ball and cause us problems, if Cureton gets in behind he wont miss.

Hopefully next season this will be addressed with the signings of Clingan and Oaklety. (PLEASE)

He wont be getting away from Batth, nothing to worry about there.

2-0 win.

Good post Pompey. Like you I was angry and dissapointed that day,as well as bloody cold. They are already crowing and one of the Exeter players is talking of 7th

place in the league already. We need to teach the cheaky buggers a lesson.