Books by Players

Afternoon all,

Was wondering on how many ex players have their own autobiographies etc of their careers?

Ive read Zico's & aware that John Harkes has a publication - is there anymore outhere?

Cheers & UTO

Millom in Cumbria? Sorry, not answering thread but I live in Ulverston and used to work in Millom.

Any information on how to pre order?

I got Peter Swans from Amazon and a mate of mine got him to sign it. Worth a read. Peter is not well, always thought he was hard done by.

The F.A. even stopped him helping train youngsters for free. Broke my heart reading it. Wednesday legend.

I got Peter Swans from Amazon and a mate of mine got him to sign it. Worth a read. Peter is not well, always thought he was hard done by.

The F.A. even stopped him helping train youngsters for free. Broke my heart reading it. Wednesday legend.

i read it and you right it is a sad tale ,as for the hard done by he backed us to lose knowing he could influence the result maybe a life ban was harsh but he should never have played for us again .

I remember surprisingly finding a Brian Marwood autobiography in the library at Uni (early 90's) and really enjoyed the book. The story that sticks in my mind from it was the one where Howard Wilkinson allegedly knocked on the door of a vociferous Lee Chapman critic (with the big man by his side) and told the astounded 'fan' to repeat to Lee's face what he'd been yelling at him from the stands! Funnily enough I also read Lee Chapman's autobiography ('More than a Match') ages ago.

As stated before, Ron Atkinson's book is notable for its skimming over of his two spells at Wednesday. Seems like the club's revenge sacking/non-renewal of contract with Big Ron had the desired effect.