We are going down

Guest bigblue

The reason I can conclusively say Im 100% right are our recent results and the crowds silence/booing

Theres a saying - if you do the same thing expect the same result

Well I've been turning up and offering my unwavering support for years (like the 15,999 you've mentioned). I decided for the first time in my life not to go to the Peterborough game for no other reason than I didn't want to. I have missed games before, but always because I had something stopping me from going. This time was different because I had no reason not to go - just no reason to go either!

So, there you go, I've changed the habit of a lifetime by refusing to watch the feckless wasters. Do I expect a different result because of my actions? No. Why? Because my level of influence on the situation equates to around 0.000001%.

Just a tiny bit of effort is all I ask!

Fans turn up now expecting to lose, expectimg to boo, and boooo certain players regardless of effort

One player on Saturday said "I dont care about these fans niw because all they do is booo their own player"

Well whoever that player was go tell him to flip off out of our club!!!!!!

Guest bigblue

Everyome seems to be saying "Its not my fault/responsibility because Im just one of 16000 in the crowd"

flip me - everyone has given up

Ah well...

Relegation it is then

Now you're getting it :happy:

Forget the wind up fishing expedition just for a second. What do you honestly think that we can do as individuals? We can't make them into good players any more than Megs has been able to. Shouting "go on son, do your best" doesn't suddenly make Teale capable of taking a good freekick, doesn't make Spurr a footballer in any way and certainly doesn't turn the clock back on Tommy Miller's tired old knackered legs.

Guest Distraught!

Is booing the players MORE likely or LESS likely to see players make more basic errors on the pitch?

No influence.

Booing may affect motivation and overall effort.

Basic errors are down to ability - something completely different.

Booing is not an option - we are all in this poo poo together and maybe if we stuck behind them some of these so called championship levels players may come out of their confort zone and step up.

1 urgent thing this week - 1 loan signing of an out and out winger who is creative. Our strikers at southampton had no service whatsever and Teale, Sedgwick and JJ are not currently viable otpions.

But then again look at United, look at us last season, loan signings when you are in a relegation dog fight do not keep you up.

flip me

So you dont think that if a group of people stood around you watchin you do your day job, and boooing you, that you wouldnt start making mistakes?

Dream on - its a FACT that you would be all over the shop

If my boss told me I was going to get paid the same as Potter, but the downside was that everyone in the office would boo me when I was poo poo - i'd be happy with that. I'd do my best not to be poo poo and enjoy the applause.

Guest Distraught!

flip me

So you dont think that if a group of people stood around you watchin you do your day job, and boooing you, that you wouldnt start making mistakes?

Dream on - its a FACT that you would be all over the shop

Basic errors occur because of competence to do a certain job, sport or whatever it is. Motivated people make mistakes because they simply lack the necessary skills. Hence, some players can be very motivated and up for it and still make loads of mistakes.

I agree, constant booing might make me want to say "flip you" and walk off the job. But it has no influence on my ability to do the job.

Do you think that players make mistakes simply because they are being booed?

Guest Distraught!

Basic mistakes are due to low confidence

Low confidence is a result of our own fans booin and racially abusing our own players

Low confidence is down to a string of poor results and the limited ability of some of the players, age, lack of pace etc. The booing by a relatively tiny section of the crowd is a convenient excuse.

Whilst I am against it and believe it serves no useful purpose, it should not form a smokescreen for other people's weaknesses.

As others have said, raise the effort and commitment - the net result is also a more motivated fan base.

Guest bigblue

The difference is, we'd all be sacked if we were that bad at doing our jobs. Footballers are somehow immune from the usual rules of employment. They all get to go home in their flash cars without worrying about how they're going to pay their bills if they are sacked - for some reason they can't be!??? The rest of us have to put a shift in because there aren't enough jobs out there to go around and being out of work isn't an option when you have kids to feed. I'm not going to feel sorry for these wobblers because they're getting a bit of stick. It's not as if they don't deserve it. As soon as they've earned some praise, they'll get it!

If THEY get us relegated, THEY will be 100% to blame. I'm not taking that on the chin at all. You can gonads!!!