Jermaine Johnson

Guest maltaowl

Guest intercity0wl

Some fickle comments on here, given the run, form and goals he was putting in earlier this season - when he was at last being (more) accurate in crossing and shooting.

On the other hand, his performances could also be said to be fickle. We will need plenty of consistent performances across the squad next season. For that reason I wouldn't renew his contract.

Sorry did i miss this, when in the early part of this season did this happen ? the only thing he has been putting in this season (and most others for that matter) on a consistent basis is Sick notes, hence his tally of Ten league starts and seven as sub, which have brought the grand total of 3 Goals.

Infact his record of 17 goals in his overall SWFC career of 110 appearances and 30 as Sub means that he has not quite torn the new arseholes in as many teams defences as many thought his mediocrity would, even at league 1 level.

I can assure you that if i had been in the south last night and in his vicinity as he came off at half time my advice to him would have been a little more blunt than what was apparently said to him.

I would be tempted to offload the inconsistent JJ in the summer.

He should be running at L1 defences at will and at least winning penalties but as always the final ball is a let down.

Wrong decisions, wrong pass selection, inconsistent shooting....

Shame.

have to agree with the majority of your post, but he's not inconsistent, he's anything but... consistently the wrong ball, consistently bad shooting, consistently trying to take 3 and 4 men on in a messi type run...he's more messy, than messi... lol

JJ lives around the corner from me and I've spoken to him quite a lot. I know he's inconsistant, but I also know he loves the club. If he's playing poorly then he will be as frustrated as anyone. His feet might not be in the right place, and I won't defend him if he's played poorly, but I know his heart is in the right place, he cares about our supporters and he genuinely does love the club, and I will defend him on that.

Surely if he really loved playing for the Club, and loved the supporters, he would actually put the effort in when on the pitch??? Inconsistancy of skill / judgement is acceptable, we are in League One afterall.

Inconsistancy of effort is NOT acceptable, from any player.

If you went last night then there is no way you can say that he was putting in even 70% effort. In that case he deserves all the stick coming his way, and I dont see how that can be defended?

Guest the lollipop guild

It`s not very often that i post but am an regular reader of the forum, but just thought i`d clear up a few things as i was the man mentioned in this thread who went down to the tunnel area and had words with johnson.

Now, like everyone else, i was disgusted with the performance during the first half....... not the score, but the overall effort. I was embarrassed and felt cheated. So for only the second time since watching wednesday (starting in 1985) i went down to vent my frustration at the players...... yes.the players, not just johnson. As they came off i said things along the lines of , " you should be lucky to play for a club like this, your an embarrassment, and don`t give a s**t.. Johnson was the last off the pitch, and i asked him if he even cared ???? his reaction has already been mention on here . While he was trying to get past stewards to get at me, i have merley said " it`s a shame you don`t show that heart and passion on the pitch, while banging my chest where i believe johnson`s heart should be located.

I understand that as he was really the one singalled out but he shouldn't react like that especially when he put that shift in. For me, he didn;t seem to break out a sweat :angry:

Depends what was and how it was said really. If it was just about work rate fair enough, but for him to react 'disgracefully' then it could have been something else.

Don't buy all this 'we pay so can do what we like stuff'. Buying a ticket doesn't give people the right to hurl abuse and be a cod canyon.

Do you know what was actually said?

Not reason to believe your comments are untrue, but it does lend extra strengh to the argument and my own personal view that the problem with JJ, purely and simply lies with the fact that in term of ability, Workrate and his mentality he just aint up to it.

I think that' a bit harsh, last night was his first start since his health problems, and before the health problems he had only just come back from a hamstring injury. JJ needs to be playing week in week about, when he has a lay-off, he quickly gets rusty.

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

cancel the over rated tw@ts contract tomorrow.

Most over rated player in the squad. Bit of fast running in his flipping banana boots then sulking around for a bit. Cannot see why folks rate him? No final ball, no flipping vision of where other players are, Helen Keller and Ray Charles had better shooting skills.

Maybe MM cancelling a couple of contracts might, maybe just might, make a few sit up and take notice that the guy paying them each month ain't flipping happy.

Except the two beautifully waited through balls to Teale that Teale managed to completely waste. That's just not true about the shooting either, he's hit and miss, but we've all seen Johnson score some absolute crackers for Wednesday.

Gary Teale is the one who should be slated- he's absolutely rumbleing useless- overpaid, overrated, arrogant, never tries, sulks, missed a complete sitter at 3-1 down that would have got us right back in the game. If JJ had been playing on the right he would have provided more decent crosses than Teale did.

Guest intercity0wl

Depends what was and how it was said really. If it was just about work rate fair enough, but for him to react 'disgracefully' then it could have been something else.

Don't buy all this 'we pay so can do what we like stuff'. Buying a ticket doesn't give people the right to hurl abuse and be a cod canyon.

Do you know what was actually said?

I dont think i act like a Cod Canyon at games, i certainly dont and never would Boo, but i do occasionally give players some verbal stick, not because of lack of ability, but because of what i percieve as a lack of effort,

i do disagree with your staement that buying a ticket does not give me the right to hurl abuse and criticise players if i wanted to, i would say it gives me or anybody else 100% the right to do just that.

Surely if he really loved playing for the Club, and loved the supporters, he would actually put the effort in when on the pitch??? Inconsistancy of skill / judgement is acceptable, we are in League One afterall.

Inconsistancy of effort is NOT acceptable, from any player.

If you went last night then there is no way you can say that he was putting in even 70% effort. In that case he deserves all the stick coming his way, and I dont see how that can be defended?

I was there last night, but I don't see why certain people are singling him out. He's not played much football this season through injury, and his recent health problems were scary, but hey, let's kick a bloke while he's down.

Other than Madine, Reynolds, Heffernan and to a lesser extent Osbourne, everyone else was poo , but because the usual whipping boy (Spurr) was left out, the moaners and whingers have turned on to Johnson.

Wednesdayites have always had whipping boys, today it's JJ, more often than not it's Spurr, I remember a time when John Sheridan was suffering from the boo boys. It's time to put the dummy back in boys, if we are to move forward, we will only do it together.

I was there last night, but I don't see why certain people are singling him out. He's not played much football this season through injury, and his recent health problems were scary, but hey, let's kick a bloke while he's down.

Other than Madine, Reynolds, Heffernan and to a lesser extent Osbourne, everyone else was poo , but because the usual whipping boy (Spurr) was left out, the moaners and whingers have turned on to Johnson.

Wednesdayites have always had whipping boys, today it's JJ, more often than not it's Spurr, I remember a time when John Sheridan was suffering from the boo boys. It's time to put the dummy back in boys, if we are to move forward, we will only do it together.

This

Because he didnt try. At all. At any point. Yes, he's had a lay off. Thats no excuse not to try.

Which is better, giving 70% for 90 mins, or 100% effort and commitment but being shattered and needing to come off on 60 mins?

Because he didnt try. At all. At any point. Yes, he's had a lay off. Thats no excuse not to try.

Which is better, giving 70% for 90 mins, or 100% effort and commitment but being shattered and needing to come off on 60 mins?

He's been out most of the season, and he's had a frightening health scare. Do you seriously think he was our worst player last night, because for me Jones, Miller, Teale, and Hinds were all poo poo. How Teale missed that chance from a yard out is beyond me. Coke isn't the same player, Morrison's indecision cost us at least one goal, Jones had a real stinker, and I haven't mentioned Weaver throwing the ball in.

Guest intercity0wl

Exactly, forget his recent Health scare or numerous other times out injured, im assuming with his selection last night he is considered by the clubs Medical staff to be fit enough to represent SWFC out on the pitch.

So if Fitness was not the reason what exactly is the reason why he put no effort in,Why did he just stroll around doing FA, (again).

But never mind Eh, maybe next week, or the week after, or even the week after that might he might be in the mood, thats if he aint injured again by then.

And yea i seriously beleive he was our worst player last night by a country mile, both in terms of what he did and the lack of effort he put in while doing his customary nothingness, and so did our manager with his half time withdrawl. I have no doubt he will be out the door come the close season.

Edited by intercity0wl

He's been out most of the season, and he's had a frightening health scare. Do you seriously think he was our worst player last night, because for me Jones, Miller, Teale, and Hinds were all poo poo. How Teale missed that chance from a yard out is beyond me. Coke isn't the same player, Morrison's indecision cost us at least one goal, Jones had a real stinker, and I haven't mentioned Weaver throwing the ball in.

In terms of decision making, passing, crossing shooting etc there were others who were equally bad BUT JJ's complete lack of effort and commitment combined with rubbish decision making, passing, crossing shooting means he was the worst player in my books last night, with the others mentioned very close behind.

In all honesty, I think Miller was as shocking as JJ, but then this thread is about JJ and his rubbish attitude. But thats ok, coz he loves the club and the fans. He told you so himself.

Can you answer my questions above:

Which would you rather have: 70% effort for 90 mins, or 100% for 60 mins?

If you think all players give 100% effort all the time you are living in cloud cuckoo land.

JJ's game is not based on running around tackling people all the time . If he did he would be knackered after 10 mins. Even when he has his good games , and he has had some in the past, he has flitted in and out of the game.

His assets are his pace and skill, his shortcomings are his lack of reliability and resilience and complete lack of a footballing brain .

He does not have the brain nor work ethic to play like Mackail -Smith and he is far too old to change.

I would not give him a new contract . Not because of lack of effort or caring but simply because he has been out injured or ill far too much and is too old to get any better.

Guest maltaowl

I understand that he had the healthscare and it may mean that he can't give as much as he could before the problem. If this is the case then wouldn't he be better telling the staff he is in no fit state to play? Just because we are mid table doesn't mean we shouldn't be going all out to win and if Johnson cannot do that at the risk of worsening his health then he should not be playing anyway

Edited by maltaowl

Guest Bedders

Tbh don't really rate any of our wingers! And for all you happy clappers out there.....would you swap a season of John-Paul Mcgovern's performances the last time we were in this league for one of any of our 3 current wide men.....Teale, Sedgewick or JJ. I'm not saying i'd want JPM now, just the level of performace expected by a wideman to get out of this league....this lot are far from it! . We need to off-load the lot.

Says loads to me when Spurr get more & better crosses in than a more advanced & recognised winger. Anyone thought why we are shipping goals??? Defenders needing to attck beacuse our wingers are shuffle!!!!

I understand that he had the healthscare and it may mean that he can't give as much as he could before the problem. If this is the case then wouldn't he be better telling the staff he is in no fit state to play? Just because we are mid table doesn't mean we shouldn't be going all out to win and if Johnson cannot do that at the risk of worsening his health then he should not be playing anyway

What I can't understand is, three of Peterborough's goals came from defensive mistakes, the other came from a goalkeeping error, yet most people can't see past Johnson, bizarre.

Guest maltaowl

What I can't understand is, three of Peterborough's goals came from defensive mistakes, the other came from a goalkeeping error, yet most people can't see past Johnson, bizarre.

Perhaps I am being a bit harsh picking Johnson out for critiscim when, like you say, most players were generally shyte in the perfermonce. The only things I have against Johnson is that he never seemed to put any real effort in. An example being losing the ball around the half way line and never tracking back and chasing. Like I said before, if the reason he cant give 100% is due to not wanting to risk further health scares then it he shouldn't be playing. The other thing that annoyed me was his reaction. Yes, it could show he cared and I'd probably responded if given in the same situation but he, as a professional, should learn to accept stick. The fans shouting at the players were shouting at all the players and not just Johnson yet he was the only one to react.