Top 6

Is it just me who is very wary of predicting a top six finish this season?

Don't get me wrong I placed a bet on us getting automatic, and am still hoping for a trip to Manchester for the play off final :-)

But what evidence is there currently (other than blind faith) to suggest top 6?

We are currently 5 points off the playoffs with half the season gone, we will have 4-6 new players who still need to gel, and most fans (on here at least) are wanting a new manager to be installed.

I hope I am wrong but I don't think the top 6 (this season) is going to be as straight forward as some of us are thinking.

We have one of the best squads in the division no doubt, and I have been amazed at some of the new recruits but it is a long haul back especially with our bizarre lack of consistency.

The shining light is that Milan is now in charge and I have no doubt we will get promoted in the next couple of seasons and then he will target the premiership and I don't think he will rest until we are there.

What a difference a couple of months has made to our club, I am not trying to be negative simply pointing out that Milan may need a little more time and understanding to get us to the promised land :biggrin:

Edited by Spookone

We'll get back there, probably still this season.if we can make a good appoinment this week.

The frustration is, we've got probably the highest or second highest budget in the division, we've got a good squad of players for this level yet we've lost 10 matches halfway into the season and we're 12th.

All the time we're playing the worst brand of football I've ever seen from a professional football club (and it's been going on for 3 years now)

Really hard to be patient at the moment, whenever I read the name Alan Irvine my blood pressure rises a bit.

Guest Blue&WhiteBen

Don't get me wrong I placed a bet on us getting automatic, and am still hoping for a trip to Manchester for the play off final :-)

We are currently 5 points off the playoffs with half the season gone, we will have 4-6 new players who still need to gel, and most fans (on here at least) are wanting a new manager to be installed.

I hope I am wrong but I don't think the top 6 (this season) is going to be as straight forward as some of us are thinking.

We have one of the best squads in the division no doubt, and I have been amazed at some of the new recruits but it is a long haul back especially with our bizarre lack of consistency.

The shining light is that Milan is now in charge and I have no doubt we will get promoted in the next couple of seasons and then he will target the premiership and I don't think he will rest until we are there.

What a difference a couple of months has made to our club, I am not trying to be negative simply pointing out that Milan may need a little more time and understanding to get us to the promised land :biggrin:

Most managers (even Irvine) could possibly stumble into the playoffs with this squad. So while that is possible I'd have no faith whatsoever in him to inspire the team for three big matches. Look at how Preston capitulated in the playoffs or how we went down with barely a whimper at the end of last season.

He needs to sack that useless edit of a manager.

A "few more seasons" in this division will be a flipping disaster.

Milan doesn't have a bottomless pit of money, and I doubt that a "few more seasons" in league one will help the clubs finances.

I was wary at the start of the season of predicting that we would stroll into an automatic spot. However given the squad we had I think that the least we could expect was to mount a serious challenge. If we fail to reach even the playoffs then this season will have been a monumental failure.