Does irvine

Nearly every player who has spoken about irvine past and present says he's one of the best coaches they've every worked for.

I'm going to stick my neck out and say why doesn't he step down to coach the team and bring in a new manager?

*waits for the + - linch mob to arrive*

He was an excellent assistant manager for Everton, that's all he is, an assistant manager

Nearly every player who has spoken about irvine past and present says he's one of the best coaches they've every worked for.

I'm going to stick my neck out and say why doesn't he step down to coach the team and bring in a new manager?

*waits for the + - linch mob to arrive*

Seriously - why would you want him to stay on in any capacity?

Things like coaches and assistant managers are such overrated positions - i remember readong how Fergie was nothing without Brian Kidd and Jose did nothing and it was all down to Steve Clark etc etc

Coaches and assistants are there to do as the manager wants - not run the show - somebody to spread the workload and put the cones out so the manager can nip off to the bookies before coming back and taking control

Such overrated positions

A decent coach wouldn't continually set the team up wrong

Not a manager or a coach but is qualified after a playing career

Maybe he's well respected but only as a person and they're getting it confused

Seriously - why would you want him to stay on in any capacity?

Things like coaches and assistant managers are such overrated positions - i remember readong how Fergie was nothing without Brian Kidd and Jose did nothing and it was all down to Steve Clark etc etc

Coaches and assistants are there to do as the manager wants - not run the show - somebody to spread the workload and put the cones out so the manager can nip off to the bookies before coming back and taking control

Such overrated positions

At which point did i say i wanted him to stay? It was just a suggestion.

Thanks for clearing up that coaches are merely PA's to the manager. You learn somthing new everyday. You really are a tree of knowledge Scram.

Edited by eckington owl

And another thing - if he is such a great coach then how come we are utterly pathetic at the most basic of tasks - such as defending set pieces - pressing the opposition - and hving cohesion between the departments of the team?

My point about him being a "good assistant manager" reflects on who he worked with completely. You're basically the manager's right hand man/cow

I wouldn't want him to stay on in any capacity, we need a whole new set of coaching staff, I'd rather have Alan Partridge as assistant manager than Alan Irvine at this moment in time

Guest scott_andrew_william

My point about him being a "good assistant manager" reflects on who he worked with completely. You're basically the manager's right hand man/cow

I wouldn't want him to stay on in any capacity, we need a whole new set of coaching staff, I'd rather have Alan Partridge as assistant manager than Alan Irvine at this moment in time

I agree, someone needs to put their ***** on a lichee

At which point did i say i wanted him to stay? It was just a suggestion.

Thanks for clearing up that coaches are merely PA's to the manager. You learn somthing new everyday. You really are a tree of knowledge Scram.

Pick your bottom lip up ffs!

If you don't want your suggestions debated then don't put them out there

I've said i think it's a nonsensical idea because they're such intangible things to judge - but meanwhile we will still have in a position probably the worst failure in our history pro-rata with a mindnumbing philosophy of how to play the game

Then there's the likelihood a new manager would like to appoint his own staff

The reasons it may be a good idea are?

Your replies always come across as your talking down to people.

I was simply going on the fact he got a managers job in the first place by being so highly spoke of as a coach at Everton and is highly spoke of by players and managers who have worked with him.

People who work in football speak highly of other people who work in football - that's football and it is so prevalent it has no meaning

We've seen what he produced as a manager and there's no way anything suggests it would be a good idea to keep him on in any capacity - but football fans seem to have these bizarre ideas commonly

A new broom is needed and quickly

Edited by scram