Semi back for Tranmere game

Guest Saturday Owl

Good I'm sure Alan will stick him in at right back and move Jones over to the left, this should help us to improve our attacking play.

Hope he can keep Big Enoch quiet :biggrin:

He shouldn't play if he is not fit enough.

Hinds should play. Way he is being treated by Irvine isn't right.

Unless Tranmere's left winger has his legs cut off at the knees he will beat him for pace every time.

Irvine likes pace a fullback - look at the fullbacks he has signed for us. If Hinds gets his chance it will be at centreback or as an anchor man, but alas, this will not happen,

Unless Tranmere's left winger has his legs cut off at the knees he will beat him for pace every time.

Irvine likes pace a fullback - look at the fullbacks he has signed for us. If Hinds gets his chance it will be at centreback or as an anchor man, but alas, this will not happen,

would you say Spurr or Buxton were faster than Hinds?

Not so sure. Neither are discernably faster. Only semi and Jones are faster, and Jones is not a right back.....so Hinds should play there imo.

Yeah he used to get skinned in the championship in that position but he's gotta be a better bet than a left back or an unfit Semi....

Guest JonTheOwl66

Not so sure. Neither are discernably faster. Only semi and Jones are faster, and Jones is not a right back.....so Hinds should play there imo.

Yeah he used to get skinned in the championship in that position but he's gotta be a better bet than a left back or an unfit Semi....

Both Spurr and Buxton are two of the fastest players in the squad.

Both Spurr and Buxton are two of the fastest players in the squad.

Are you joking?

They are strong runners but when it comes to pace over a shirt distance and reaction speed they got shown up regularly in the championship.

JJ. Jones, semi, Beevers, coke, teale are all faster.

Guest JonTheOwl66

Are you joking?

They are strong runners but when it comes to pace over a shirt distance and reaction speed they got shown up regularly in the championship.

JJ. Jones, semi, Beevers, coke, teale are all faster.

Nope, not joking. JJ isn't as fast as he seems, and believe it or not, Esajas was a faster flat out sprinter than him. Jones and Semi both are a lot faster yes, but they were signed in the summer. Coke is athletic, but definitely not fast. Teale, I'd agree with you and say he is faster.

Our team isn't fast, trust me. The defence is the fastest aspect of our team.

Nope, not joking. JJ isn't as fast as he seems, and believe it or not, Esajas was a faster flat out sprinter than him. Jones and Semi both are a lot faster yes, but they were signed in the summer. Coke is athletic, but definitely not fast. Teale, I'd agree with you and say he is faster.

Negative

Buxton or Spurr are not fast by any means...in my opinion.

If we go up to the championship we need to make the full-back spots a massive priority....although I would give Spurr and Buxton a go in centre defence (as back-up) as they are strong players who like to attack the ball.

Guest JonTheOwl66

Buxton or Spurr are not fast by any means...in my opinion.

If we go up to the championship we need to make the full-back spots a massive priority....although I would give Spurr and Buxton a go in centre defence (as back-up) as they are strong players who like to attack the ball.

It's not an opinion, it's fact.

Buxton's natural position is centre back, along with Spurr; so that's obvious.

It's not an opinion, it's fact.

what is a fact?

that they are fast or they are slow?

It's a question of perception. If I sit in the stand and see both of them get skinned on a regular basis by fast wingers in the championship I come to the natural conclusion that they are not fast.

The fact that you can seriously argue that Johnson isn't fast when we see him beat defenders for pace on a regular basis makes me question your judgement on the matter.

Speed in football is all about the 20 yard dash. How quickly you can get up to full pelt over the first 5-10 yards. It can't really be judged from the results of a 100 metre sprint.

Guest JonTheOwl66

what is a fact?

that they are fast or they are slow?

It's a question of perception. If I sit in the stand and see both of them get skinned on a regular basis by fast wingers in the championship I come to the natural conclusion that they are not fast.

The fact that you can seriously argue that Johnson isn't fast when we see him beat defenders for pace on a regular basis makes me question your judgement on the matter.

Speed in football is all about the 20 yard dash. How quickly you can get up to full pelt over the first 5-10 yards. It can't really be judged from the results of a 100 metre sprint.

Where did I say Johnson wasn't fast?

He's the fastest player in the team, but not massively.

Your point is right, but the ACTUAL speed, which I'm commenting about, is surprisingly quick.

To my Johnson point, having good acceleration makes you look fast, for example, Aaron Lennon.

They are definitely faster than Hinds. Jesus, im not exactly on the right side of slim and Im sure Hinds wouldmt be that far in front in a 60m dash between me and him...