January presents for SWFC

Guest 03 owl

i would like Gary Hooper and Adam Le Fondre in Jan :).

I think IN reference to other post's Irvine had to work within his means he did do well with who he signed in the summer IMO, Coke, Mellor, Morrison, Jones? Heffernan, the team we have should get us out of this division, we need a centre back right back left midfielder and a forward the new signings if not loan players need to be bought so when we go up they can still have the ability to play in the Championship.

UTO

I think IN reference to other post's Irvine had to work within his means he did do well with who he signed in the summer IMO, Coke, Mellor, Morrison, Jones? Heffernan, the team we have should get us out of this division, we need a centre back right back left midfielder and a forward the new signings if not loan players need to be bought so when we go up they can still have the ability to play in the Championship.

UTO

Adam Le Fondre can do it in league two but can he do it in league 1?

I would go for players who are out of contract or unhappy at clubs in the championship or maybe premier league. Thats if we get a bit of money to spend.

Nope, but the players move faster and more intelligently the further up the football pyramid you go. lol

well that is beckford and dj cambell done then, and there is a few more im sure i remember reading that some club had a x factor style comp and the guy who won got 22 goals for them in that season :cool:

I don't understand why people talk about bringing strikers in, we have suffered 10 defeats, 9 of them against league one opposition, we need to sort the back four out, and for me that means bringing in two quality centre halfs.

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

Guest wadsgod

UTO

O'Driscoll will be good enought for me

I don't understand why people talk about bringing strikers in, we have suffered 10 defeats, 9 of them against league one opposition, we need to sort the back four out, and for me that means bringing in two quality centre halfs.

i think we need 1 more but defo the back four pal i am so not a lover of tommy spur never liked him and a complete back 4 would be ideal but i would settle for two a centre half and a full back prob a right back as i think jones will become better thatn spurr as spurr well i was better than him at full back he makes basic mistakes.

So tommy spurr throws a throwing out player knocks it back to him to feet, oooops its a throw in to the opposition ffs his positional play and awareness is pants :(

Footballers are like the cream on the milk, they find there own level. To succeed bring players in from higher divisions and you move up to the higher divisions. Bring players in from lower divisions, such has Le Fondre ( We made this same mistake with Steve Downes ) and you move down to lower divisions. Fact

i know what your saying regarding lower league players, it dose not add does it ALF isn't going to be at rotherham at the end of the season is he? and that is defo IMO with his goal racio with what he has played, 19 and scored 16 this season can you name another forward in the leagues who has better at mo?

just throwing it out there UTO.

Footballers are like the cream on the milk, they find there own level. To succeed bring players in from higher divisions and you move up to the higher divisions. Bring players in from lower divisions, such has Le Fondre ( We made this same mistake with Steve Downes ) and you move down to lower divisions. Fact

You do if you build a WHOLE team on that basis. But not if you cherry pick an individual player to improve your team.

But someone somewhere has to take a risk on many of the players who become top players.

Where did we get David Hirst from (as one example)?

You do if you build a WHOLE team on that basis. But not if you cherry pick an individual player to improve your team.

But someone somewhere has to take a risk on many of the players who become top players.

Where did we get David Hirst from (as one example)?

I thought we got Hirst from Barnsley