January presents for SWFC

Guest 03 owl

Who have been our lower league neighbours for most of their existence.... and I'm sure were below us when we signed him...

But another example today is Exeter's Ryan Harley who they were all raving about - signed from Blue Square South side Weston-Super-Mare in 2007. Best player on the pitch by all accounts. So it seems he made the step up to League 1 quite easily.

Guest Woz1867

I don't understand why people talk about bringing strikers in, we have suffered 10 defeats, 9 of them against league one opposition, we need to sort the back four out, and for me that means bringing in two quality centre halfs.

Exactly this ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

It's all about the end product with a striker you either have it or you don't ,Le Fondre has got it , ok lower league than us so what ,

Everyone starts somewhere ,ian wright for one ,Didnt start till he was 22 plucked from none league if memmory serves me well ,

the point i am trying to make is 'It's whether you apply yourself to the level you are playing at , do that and the goals will fly in ,

Guest starrydave

I don't understand why people talk about bringing strikers in, we have suffered 10 defeats, 9 of them against league one opposition, we need to sort the back four out, and for me that means bringing in two quality centre halfs.

Spot on. Anything other than centre backs in january would be an absolute travesty!

spot on m8 shirtcliffe and lyons lol