Will Milan Sack Him??

Guest bartos

Guest petetheowl

I think this is only my second post on here. I come on and read everyday, but generally most of the time someone has generally said what I wanna say, so I don't feel the need to post.

However....

...after the events of the last two weeks, I feel its time to put my point of view across once again.

The problem I have with AI is that he clearly cannot get the best out of that squad. We have a good victory, followed by one of the worst results I can remember. This makes me ask the question, does Irvine have any positive impact on the players. Clearly the 6-2 win was 'cos the players were fired up, had a new owner to impress, and several extra thousand fans behind them at Hillsborough. Any decent manger would have the same team on a roll. My biggest question is this......what the hell did he say to them at half time? It was either the wrong thing, or he said the right things but the players just don't believe in him. For this reason he has to go. And it has to be this week.

We can't go through the January transfer window with him signing any players, that he probably won't even be working with come February. We need someone new in to start building their own squad, or at the least strengthen what we have. Irvine realistically has no long term future at the club. His style frustrates the fans too much, and simply does not get the results we need. Any player watching from elsewhere will never come. He's too stubborn to give people a chance, the fans are on his back, and his style is negative at best. If you were a young Arsenal or man City star looking for first team football, would you come to Hillsborough on loan?

We need someone who is gonna bring in some decent young loan talent, or someone who can attract one or two excellent experienced players nearing the end of their career. Much like Laws bringing Gray in.

It may be a pipe dream, and i'm not sure he's even remotely available, but for me Martin O'neil would be absolutely perfect.

Irvine Out.

O'neil In.

UTO

I too look at this forum every day and moved to Florida 6 years ago so I don't get to see games but listen on Wednesday player every game, And everyone does post the same as I'm thinking 5 hours before me but I absolutely agree with what you are saying. Listening to the games over here is mind numbingly boring and even when we win (6-2 aside) its still the same game every time. I watched Wednesday from the 70's till 2004 and even in the Eustace months its wasn't as bad as this, the only positive thing is we are 2nd in the league and still in with a shout.

I'd give Irvine 4 games and anything less than 3 wins he's history.