Notts County away

Make general sale you think?

We had a similar allocation to the City ground last season, and it did that time.

If we'd played them the week after Hartlepool, I reckon the tickets would have been snapped up in a few days.

Given the last couple of performances however, I think they'll make general sale.

Guest nottscounty

I'd say it's virtually certain they will.

As far as this extra 1,500 tickets goes, I believe we can have them if we want them.

You won't be.

Last time I was at Notts County was in 1974.

Ron Spingett was in goal and Brian Joicey scored two crackers

We won 5-1 and the Owls fans nearly brought the wooden stand down.

There was much rejoicing that day.

Sat 9 Mar Notts County............ 5-1

Att 9,378

Brian Joicey 2, Mick Prendergast 2, Eric Potts

http://www.adrianbullock.com/swfc/stats/lg1974.htm#League Results

Has it changed much? mellow.gif

Edited by Davidioso

You won't be.

it's stupid though, you will lose 1,500 extra fans worth of revenue possibly, I dont blame you either. It's the council as you rightly said. Don't see the council regulating the amount of fans forest can have.

Oh well WE will kill the old thing when we start bouncing!

Guest becauseofboxingday

You won't be.

What is the greater risk?

5,000 in the away stand or 3,500 in the away stand and loads in the home end?

I expect demand for this match to be more than you would usually expect due to the fact that this is one of the very few away games within a reasonable travelling distance. I can't remember a division with such a southern bias ever occuring previously. Even some of the northern teams like Hartlepool and Carlisle are miles away.

Edited by becauseofboxingday

Went last time we were in league 1 - i think Alan Quinn got sent off. Finished 0-0. Pretty bad game. Fingers crossed they go to general sale and I will be on my way there. Last time it was unreserved seating and there wasn't really any problems - we got there about 20 minutes before kick off and were sat bang in the middle still. Away games atmosphere - can't beat it.

Guest nottscounty

The chairmans wife on our forum has just put this...

''re total capacity - there's an application to increase gone to the council today.''

The only way you will get more tickets if the council say our ground is ok. (It is but they want to be w@nkers about it, they threaten us if we don't sit down in the kop they will close it down haha!!!)

You will not be getting more than 3'500 tickets if the above don't happen. I hope it does because the last time we got 4'000+away att was our local derby game with Mansfield Town.