Summer signings

I'll keep it short and sweet.

Morrison - Still can't believe we've signed him, looks a class above every striker we've had since Hirst.

Mellor - Been hit and miss so far (Woeful against Daggers and Bury, good in other matches), but I'm expecting big things.

Heff - Hard to comment, he's barely played. Think he'll get goals though with good service.

Sedgwick - Steady but won't set the world alight.

Teale - Been really impressed by him, still got a little bit of pace left and can cross a ball.

Coke - The athletic box to box CM we've been crying out for for years.

Semi - Looked good in pre season but utterly dreadful against Bury.

Jones - Really excited by him. Pace, athelticism and a wicked cross. If he plays to his potential consistently we won't be able to hold onto him for the whole of his 3 year contract.

It's OK WW, we'll be back in the Prem in 3 years. However, IF we don't gain the double automatic promotion I wonder the same about Coke.

*edit: meaning will an offer come before his contract is up. Can't remember how long his contract was for. It may have been 2 years.

Edited by themaskedowl

I completely agree, quality doesn't vanish.

At one point Everton wasnted to sign him for over £1million.

After the injury he was never the same player we all say, but he wasn't the same because a) he was coming into a losing side, b) he wasn't fully fit and c) he wasn't match sharp.

Last season weren't ideal circumstances to get him fit and ready again, this season was more ideal, less quality in the league and a pre season under his belt to optimise his physical condition and get him back on track to where he was.

A big loss in my opinion and it's going to show this season, we need a right back fairly urgently.

Absolutely bang on. Why on earth anyone who knows anything about football would think that Buxton is better than Simek at the back I will never know. Really disappointed to lose Simek. Would've been great for us this season.

Guest BirdonaMaguire

Absolutely bang on. Why on earth anyone who knows anything about football would think that Buxton is better than Simek at the back I will never know. Really disappointed to lose Simek. Would've been great for us this season.

I'm not going into on here but I was told Simek has a suspect ankle STILL, hence he wasn't offered a deal.

as for the rest of the thread, we're 3 games in, unbeaten still and yet people are mumping and moaning