Wednesday are in disarray

Guest Owl30

The season is coming way too soon for Wednesday, we will lose to Dagenham, there a team who have just got a promotion and probably still on a buzz, not to mention there players have been together for a while now.

I fear the worse this coming weekend, reality time folks unfortunately.

God, so negative, can you tell me the last time we had a good pre-season? And then what our performance was like in the season following it?

Guest Owl30

God, so negative, can you tell me the last time we had a good pre-season? And then what our performance was like in the season following it?

Forget pre-season now its over, im going on what we have at our disposal and it aint much for a 46 game season in league 1.

Forget pre-season now its over, im going on what we have at our disposal and it aint much for a 46 game season in league 1.

Nah I think we can build a decent side from the players we have, Jones, Coke, Johnson and Purse to name a few.

Give over, we've given ourselves a cracking chance to bounce straight back with the players brought in during preseason. Considering we've not been able to sign players for 50% of the time and we've had £0 to spend.

Guest Owl30

Nah I think we can build a decent side from the players we have, Jones, Coke, Johnson and Purse to name a few.

Purse was awful against Barnsley and got caught out on regular occasions from there new signing.

Guest Sniper1

Which ever players get picked for next sat then they will be up for it. 20+ thousand Wednesdayites behind them will only assist this, I can't see anything but a win, no matter what side we put out.

We will probably have about 6 debutant's which can only help with getting over last season.

I think our defending will be the problem this season, we have too much going forward not to score goals.

Remember we haven't kicked a competitive football yet, at least give the players a chance.

You might not be disappointed.

Can't f'kin wait, C'mon Wednesday.

PS sack the board. :rolleyes:

Guest Owl30

Give over, we've given ourselves a cracking chance to bounce straight back with the players brought in during preseason. Considering we've not been able to sign players for 50% of the time and we've had £0 to spend.

Right, we haven't got a keeper, O'Donnell is truly shocking for a start, so what happens if our replacement gets injured?

Hinds was like a Sunday league player the other day and hasn't got a clue, Purse is past it.

Otsemobor is lost and doesn't know weather to defend or attack, Morrison will be lucky to string a couple of full games together.

O'Conner is a conference player and Potter only knows how to play it sidewards, not to mention he takes free kicks and scored the grand total of 3 goals last year, oh aar loads to look forward to lads.

Guest Sniper1

Mate, i have got to stop you right there, a bad pre season is one thing, fair enough results haven't been great.

But

to say we haven't got much in our squad for 46 league one games is f'kin messed up.

We have a much better squad than last season and with one more win we could have stayed up.

I don't expect us to walk the League but i bet 23 League one teams are wishing they had our options.

Alan Irvine will now earn his money getting them playing together, this does take time though.

WTID

Guest Sniper1

Right, we haven't got a keeper, O'Donnell is truly shocking for a start, so what happens if our replacement gets injured?

Hinds was like a Sunday league player the other day and hasn't got a clue, Purse is past it.

Otsemobor is lost and doesn't know weather to defend or attack, Morrison will be lucky to string a couple of full games together.

O'Conner is a conference player and Potter only knows how to play it sidewards, not to mention he takes free kicks and scored the grand total of 3 goals last year, oh aar loads to look forward to lads.

Its a good job then we have more than 7 players.

:blink:

Guest Sheff Owl

We have to forget pre-season now, we could have won ALL pre-season game's and had a shocking start to the season, yet we could have lost every game and have a great start to the season, so it's difficult to judge really.

But now is where the player's/management have to earn their wages, the player's are now gearing up for Dagenham match and everything now is focused on that match.

We'll see won't we. What and who were you expecting us to sign out of interest?

Just to remind you as well, o'donnell was the back up keeper last year so I'm not sure what point you're trying to make about if the replacement keeper gets injured.

Most of that is either gonads or exaggerations

Guest Owl30

Anyone who has seen Wednesday through pre-season must admit we look well off the pace, i for one cannot believe the season starts in 7 days.

Guest Sniper1

Anyone who has seen Wednesday through pre-season must admit we look well off the pace, i for one cannot believe the season starts in 7 days.

Ok hopefully this might put your mind to rest a little

Alan Irvine and his staff have worked these boys very hard over the last 4 weeks or so, 3 sessions a day in Austria then long hard cardio sessions on returning to Sheffield, this is prepering the

players for a long gruelling season of hard f'kin work.

Every player should now be as fit as they could be (excluding Clinton Morrison) going into this season. Not sure about the Doncaster game today but the lads have been training hard even

before the pre season friendlies, running up to 3 hours before kick off, this is going to hit the players energy levels hard, that is why you have seen heavy legged maybe sluggish pre season

games.

This training will not continue through the season, the lads will now have a high level of fitness, which will just need keeping, it is much easier to keep fit than get fit.

Watch these boys come out of the blocks next Saturday, you will not recognise them from the tired looking players you have seen through pre season, and because of the high fitness levels they

will be able to keep up the high tempo.

Just you wait and see. :biggrin:

I've only seen today, Barnsley and Hallam but this week I thought (a) we had patches and were on top for at least half of each game (b) we had a very patchy team Tues and although stronger today still not our starting lineup.

To the OP, chin up gaylord, we're gonna come out and spank their cockney rassclat asses on saturday, mark my words.

Guest Owl30

Alan Irvine and his staff have worked these boys very hard over the last 4 weeks or so, 3 sessions a day in Austria then long hard cardio sessions on returning to Sheffield, this is prepering the

Every player should now be as fit as they could be (excluding Clinton Morrison) going into this season. Not sure about the Doncaster game today but the lads have been training hard even

before the pre season friendlies, running up to 3 hours before kick off, this is going to hit the players energy levels hard, that is why you have seen heavy legged maybe sluggish pre season

games.

This training will not continue through the season, the lads will now have a high level of fitness, which will just need keeping, it is much easier to keep fit than get fit.

Watch these boys come out of the blocks next Saturday, you will not recognise them from the tired looking players you have seen through pre season, and because of the high fitness levels they

I hope your right i really do, but i have warranted fears for this coming season,

Irvine for me still has to prove he has what it takes, after all he had a honey moon period and did naff all after that.

A lot of the players are still with us who relegated us, Tudgay, Miller, O'Connor, Potter, Spurr, JJ.

How good are these players, Spurr has been awful in pre-season aswell as Tudgay.

A lot of the players are still with us who relegated us, Tudgay, Miller, O'Connor, Potter, Spurr, JJ.

How good are these players, Spurr has been awful in pre-season aswell as Tudgay.

I really rate Miller and JJ (when they STAY fit obviously)

games.

Well that's me convinced!

*crosses fingers*