CLUB 9 SPORTS is working with several strategic groups

I have been saying for over a week now that once Lee exited stage left, I know of at least two parties personally who would emerge, plus Hobson. Yesterday I was told 4 people had passed screening. Tonight it seems Nick Parker has stated there are actually 6 parties. The deal is transparent, clean and already negotiated - knowing who four of the parties are (and knowing 2 of them personally), and now finding out that there are apparently 2 others in play, I am pretty confident that we'll get the deal done, which will give us the money to get back in to the CCC first time of asking - I don't really care who the other groups are, the screening that is going on now means that they are more than likely credible. So you'll see no hatchet job from me on these deals, because (based on what I know 2 groups went through) the first check is "do you have immediate access to the £5million in cash" and all parties at the table now must have passed that test. Obviously none of these parties are broker-joker intermediaries which is great news.

In other words, yes, straight answer, I reckon it will happen.

bigrbuk is probably on the phone to Chicago/Paris (ahem) to find out how to spin the fact that the CEO basically just mocked Club9 in front of a group of fans, called them what they were, and has announced the presence of 6 serious bidders.......tough to explain that one, even to the Radio Hallam audience.

Hi Simon

Has Brady Dougan got anything to do with this?

Guest billsaja

To be fair bills, they aren't really doing much for their credibility in all this, and are in fact having to work their balls off to even appear half arsed.

So what's in it for them is a good question.

Would it over generous to speculate that they genuinely want and think they can do a deal, but they just aren't very good at it ?

We have, officially, come full circle and it is October 2008 again.

If had a penny for every time someone (you included I believe) asked "why would Sheard do this then" I could have bought Wednesday a year ago at full price.

Given that Facebook pages and Radio Hallam interviews do roger all in buying a club, why do them? Self-promotion, publicity and the ability to, in the future, be "the group who tabled a bid for Sheffield Wednesday FC". That alone got Sheard in at Newcastle and Malaga FFS.

a) they had no previous existence

or

b) their previous existence is not something they are proud of

just guessing

UTO

Must admit, those thoughts crossed my mind! :biggrin:

I emailed nobody and to be fair they responded pretty quickly. Apparently they were known as EN-DIRECT MEDIA and based in Nantes. Surprisingly (?) i'm struggling to find anything on EN-DIRECT MEDIA.

Guest totemowl

I'm a little late to this thread but heard a rumour that Rob was here, have I missed him?

Evidently.

bigrbuk is probably on the phone to Chicago/Paris (ahem) to find out how to spin the fact that the CEO basically just mocked Club9 in front of a group of fans, called them what they were, and has announced the presence of 6 serious bidders.......tough to explain that one, even to the Radio Hallam audience.

I don't work for Club9 or nobody. That is the last time I will say it. It appears having a view different to the majority on here is not allowed.

I fully agree with pretty much everything Furious George has said in another thread.

I don't work for Club9 or nobody. That is the last time I will say it. It appears having a view different to the majority on here is not allowed.

I fully agree with pretty much everything Furious George has said in another thread.

I know you don't Ryan but...could you justpass this message on to your chums...

This is the sum of Cloud 9 s involvement

£20m became £10m became £5m became £2m (became flip off)

They ain't getting paid...end of

Its not about having a different view, its about pushing cloud9 down our throats even though they have no money. Everyone has said they want investment, if these guys provide it and they can show their trustworthiness then I'll back them. At the moment they're 0 for 2 though and I really cant see that changing. You are allowed the viewpoint that I'm wrong, just dont expect anyone to leave your view unchallenged, as I dont.

How is this thread still going?

Their major backer pulled out

Therefore their consequent bid was derisory

They aren't able to improve greatly on it

Their unprofessionalism is thought of as despicable by fans and club alike

Club have said 100% they will not entertain any future bids knowing what these people are like

End of thread.