The Watford View

Guest dportelli

Guest owzat

One thing I noticed, Varney didn't get booked for his celebration of taking his shirt off?

I'm not saying I agree with it, but are they not meant to enforce it?

he did get booked

Guest owls_4_life

Watford were in control? Must have been watching a different match. Even when they equalised I thought we stayed in control and didn't give up.

He sounds like the new Warnock and lets face it everyone hates a manager who blames everything on the ref

Watford were absolute gash. Their manager is clearly trying to deflect blame away from his team as they are now dragged deep into the dogfight. The one thing I hate about managers though is there complete disability to show any sort of humility in defeat, it is always someones fault except theirs. Sturrock has to be one of the few managers to have had that humility from recent years, haven't seen enough of Irvine yet but could be of the same ilk. It seems every opposition manager we beat (I know they are few and far between) seem to end up blaming the referee or claim they were the better side.

The fact that Watford got beat by us is embaressing enough, but to then go crying over the referee despite deserving nothing from the game makes it all the more sweeter. Chin up Malky.

He got most of the basics wrong.

Like someones already said. The bit that stands out for me was. A Watford player goes down with a leg injury, he stops the game straight away. Varney goes down with a head injury! Game carries on and he waits forever to let the physio on!

Crap for both teams. And to be fair they handled in their box a few times aswell!!

I thought the ref was pretty good (the foul by Potter apart) and let the game flow.

Last week the bloke blew for EVERYTHING and tried very hard to ruin the game. I know which I would prefer. Missing the odd foul is much better than stopping the game 20 times to 'have a word' with a player.

Don't know whether anyone else has pointed this out.

But for Varneys goal.

Cleverly was playin LEFT side of central midfield. Watford had 10 players behind the ball when the move started. Cleverly was waved on before Varney got the ball, on the RIGHT side. Watford had easily enough players back to defend our attack.

Sour grapes obviously!

Edited by NeonLeon