The Watford View

Guest dportelli

The referee was crap full stop.

Whilst the handball by Spurr (I think it was) could have gone either way, I guess Mackay didn't see the foul and the handball leading up to the free-kick from which they equalized.

I think the time has come by where referee's simply aren't good enough, the clubs and fans can't do anything about that, so just accept they are going to be of a poor standard prior to the game - if a referee goes against the grain and has a good game, its a bonus these days.

Just been reading this....

http://www.watford.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=193007

Can someone who was at the game tell me, does he have a point?

Though give a poo . 3 points is all i care about.

Think struggling manager think warnock & blackspot conceding a late winner That's your answer.

Imo Watford were worth a draw but the ref was just as bad for us on several occasions he got booed off how often is that heard when you win in the 89th?

Ref was crap for both teams. Varney got smashed in the head by someone, ref was 10 yards away. No foul. He was quick enough to blow up for a head injury though so where did he think it had come from? A low flying seagull? flipping garbage. Had no control of the game and let some stupid stuff go in midfield at goalkicks etc. But he made sure we took our free kick from the exact blade of grass it should have been on so he did the important stuff.

In the whole of the first half there was one shot off target by us.

I think this sums it up about them and the game

TOTALLY UNACCEPTABLE

(but, here at VitalWatford Tower's, we're not sure if that's aimed at our performance, our 1 shot at goal or the ref)

How he missed the forearm smash on Varney i'll never know.

I did enjoy is pedant behaviour when he marched over to move the ball half a yard for a free kick.

In the second half all the 50/50 descisions went Watfords way. The 'penalty' didnt look one from where I was sat it was more ball to hand although I did have my heart in my mouth. Their players were going bananas but their supporters hardly twitched behind the goal.

They cant have any complaints they had 1 shot (and scored with it)

I did enjoy is pedant behaviour when he marched over to move the ball half a yard for a free kick.

I was sat near the managers for a change and I could hear Irvine's comment to the fourth official.

(Deep Scottish accent) 'Is he taking the wee wee?!?'

He's got a point with the missed penalty. It was a blatant handball. But he's also forgotten the free kick they scored from. It was handball, but by a Watford player.

The ref let them get away with all sorts of climbing.

The handball was by the woeful Potter, and if you didn't see that you must've been in the toilet or getting a pie or summat. And if the penalty at Forest was a pen, Spurrs handball last night was definitely one.

Ref was rubbish though, and got very little right.

He was shocking.

How he missed that from 5 yards away accompanied with the slapping sound it made what even I could here from the South, I'll never know.

Referees are what is wrong with the game and Hillsborough seems to attact the worst of them.