University Staff

http://www.shef.ac.uk/union/news.php?contentID=6921

Discount Sport Tickets for Students and Staff

Sport

This year we've teamed up with Sheffield's biggest sports teams to bring you discounts on games from Sheffield United, Sheffield Wednesday and Sheffield Steelers!

Students and staff can pick up tickets to selected games for just £5 from the Union Box Office, with £1 of that going to support our sports clubs!

Games confirmed so far include:

All Sheffield Wednesday home games from Saturday 17th

October (*Not available for Sheffield United FC 17th April 2010)

Steelers tickets available for ALL home games from the start of term.

Offer is limited to 2 tickets per person. Please bring student/staff ID to the Box Office when buying tickets.

Nice one! :biggrin:

Not an issue for students but why the staff? They are paid a salary for doing a job like the rest of us, why should they not pay the full price like the rest of us?

I guess people who are gonna get a season ticket will already have one now, so its all about selling those extra empty seats with anyone.£10 to the club and 2 full seats is better that nothing.£40 is too much to for me to take 6 year old daughter to a game, but £10 + pop and crisps, i can manage. Edited by oasismark

can see the reasoning behind Student Discount tickets, but university STAFF?I suppose that even the chap who cleans the bogs can claim for one.These people are in paid employment and as such can afford to PAY for their tickets.I appreciate that I only pay a discounted ticket as an OAP but this has to be found from my pension and savings, and for years I paid the FULL rate.I think this is one where Lee has shot himself in the foot IMODisagree with it STRONGLY.