International Watch

5 minutes ago, BenOwl1867 said:

Guessing not called up not been playing week in week out has he

Yep, I'd scribbled down the Czech Republic's two fixtures gainst Lithuania & San Marino but couldn't find confirmation anywhere that he'd been chosen

Yeah for FF to get picked for Italy he'll have to be outplaying Candreva, Immobile, Eder, Insigne, Belotti etc.

For him to get picked for Argentina he'd have to be better than Messi, Di Maria, Higuain, Dybala, Lavezzi, Correa etc.

Somehow don't see Nuhiu having similar competition to get in the Kosovo team with all due respect.

Full time   Scotland U19  0-3  Austria U19

Fraser Preston came off the bench on 70mins with his side trailing 2-0 ...

... so congratulations to him on what is surely his international debut

Austria then scored from their second 2nd half penalty 10mins later to wrap things up

3 hours ago, elyowl1 said:

Got to feel for FF , best forward at the club and watches Nuhiu flying out on international duty, 

Then the scene cuts to a depressed and angry Steve Bruce, looking back on his own capless career as Reda Johnson jets off for a World Cup Qualifier

Not having much success tracking down the England U18 game on t' internet

Even the official England page manages to contradict itself, re opposition and kick-off times 

If they can't even get those right then hints on where to follow progress are pretty much non-starters

And since there doesn't seem to be a given name to this series of games ...

- ie The Let's Give Qatar Some International Credibilty Cup, or

- The Annual FA Invitation Suitcase Trophy (... what's that, it's full of cash? Well I never)

... then they're hard to find on the usual 'update' sites

Anyone out there able to shine a light?

So confusion reigns with the FA, or their website at least

They now inform us that the England U18 side played Saudi Arabia in Doha yesterday evening, as opposed to Qatar yesterday afternoon

It hardly mattered either way because there were no updates to be found anywhere when I checked at half time during the Germany match

Anyhow, it finished 2-0 to our youngsters with George Hirst playing the last 10mins as sub

We'll all know how Scotland got on by now, 1-1 v Canada (h) although I haven't seen any highlights yet myself

According to the BBC live texts Jordan 'Shot Blocked' Rhodes came off the bench in the 61st minute

Barry 'High & Wide' Bannan started the 2nd half, and

Steven Fletcher remained on the bench

18 hours ago, Lee A said:

Then the scene cuts to a depressed and angry Steve Bruce, looking back on his own capless career as Reda Johnson jets off for a World Cup Qualifier

As much as I don't like Steve Bruce he has to be the best non capped defender in England. How he never played for his country is remarkable

17 minutes ago, A12owl said:

I thought I read in a recent Nando interview article that he said he would always regret selecting to play for Italy which would prevent him playing for Argentina?

Might be wrong.

Pretty sure that is the rule he may regret it but sure if they believed he was good enough he could. He is not Argentina quality though really 

58 minutes ago, Owling Wolfe said:

As much as I don't like Steve Bruce he has to be the best non capped defender in England. How he never played for his country is remarkable

I'd have chosen Mike Lyons over Bruce anyday - but then again, I'm biased  :biggrin:

2 hours ago, Ethel The Tree said:

... I'd also say Mark Smith and Peter Shirtliff were streets ahead of Smalling, Jagielka and a load of others I could mention

I can't disagree with either of your posts to be honest Ethel. There are some very talented players that are overlooked for mediocre favourites in the international set up.

So to today's schedule ...

Scotland U19 v Czech Republic (a)  kick off  4pm

Republic Of Ireland v Wales (h)  kick off  7.45pm

Kosovo v Iceland (h)  kick off  7.45pm

England U18 v Qatar (a) ... allegedly, kick off - anybody's guess (although 4pm has been mentioned, I wouldn't hold me breath)

Incidentally, I notice both England U20 & U21s have games during this break - without Joe Wildsmith?

On ‎3‎/‎23‎/‎2017 at 08:58, Saxondale said:

Just type Jordan Rhodes into twitter search engine and see what the Scotland fans think of him. 

just type Scotland into my social media and see what I think of them and jimmy Nicola sturgeon  crankie lol

Fraser Preston starts for Scotland U19 away to Czech Republic - about 10mins gone  0-0

England Twitter claim the U18s kicked off at the same time - but if there's any team news they're keeping it to themselves

Suppose I should also mention that Darryl Lachman turned out for Curacao yesterday in their home friendly v El Salvador, finished 1-1

Think that was his 10th cap, he celebrated it with a booking