West Brom vs Sheffield Wednesday - 1968

Talking about that 1967/68 season reminded me.....does any one else remember the incident of the Arsenal goal in the home game at the back end of that season? It was quite a talking point for some while after.

They were attacking the Leppings Lane end where we were sitting and the ball clearly went over the line.....there was no doubt it was a goal. But the ref didn't give it and I honestly can't remember whether the lino flagged for a goal or not. Anyway, it was cleared and play went on for about a minute with Arsenal players continuing to protest to the ref. When it next went out of play he was "persuaded" to speak to the lino and the goal was given. Wednesday players of course then protested.....clearly we weren't as "persuasive" as Arsenal....

I can remember there was quite a debate about it which all boiled down to whether the lino had flagged for the goal or not. 

Yeah i vaugley remember that,they were going mental,we thought they were going to go on strike!! It was a clear goal,really funny.

We played arsenal the last two games of the season away then home 4 days after,radford and gould scored in both games,we lost by the only goa in both gamesl,court got the first at highbury

Anyway back to West Brom...Liam have you seen the goal Tony Brown scored against us the following season ? One of the greatest goals ever seen at Hillsborough

Really cold day ball went very high in the air dropping over his shoulder he hit the ball on half volley and it went in like a jet propelled rocket.The ball never lifted over 2' high drilled into net at Leppings Lane end, very disappointing lol Edited by SheffieldGraduate