Barmy Army

as far as i know (in footy) that is so...

i believe the aussie press gave the label to the england cricket fans as an attempted insult, (not sure about the year) but they've been beaten over the head with it over the years since...

same as in the ryder cup, the yanks have no chance with their sense of humour, whilst adapted british football songs will always make them look inferior...

Believe it was checked by Scientists and psychologists to start with....

they then checked the the stats regarding football fans , clubs and average attendances...

the equation was summatt like 

Number of fans divided by average performance of club..

This was then equated to...

Abject performances by said club and number of fans who watched crap club...

this was then diffused put into a fookin' petrie dish an' left to fester for a year...

When they removed the mouldy crap from the petrie dish, they found it was blue in colour and smelled to high heaven..

They then divided the number of mentalist football fans by the price you pay to watch muppets caper on a famous football ground..

they then decided .(.scientifically I might add)

Who the foo.k would be barmy enough to watch such a shower of sh* te over a prolonged period.....

WE won!!!!!

BARMY ARMY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

they then checked the the stats regarding football fans , clubs and average attendances...

this was then diffused put into a fookin' petrie dish an' left to fester for a year...

When they removed the mouldy crap from the petrie dish, they found it was blue in colour and smelled to high heaven..

They then divided the number of mentalist football fans by the price you pay to watch muppets caper on a famous football ground..

Who the foo.k would be barmy enough to watch such a shower of sh* te over a prolonged period.....

WE won!!!!!

Nicely Put.BARMY ARMY!!!! lol  lol

WE won!!!!!

Whey hey we won.

WE won!!!!!

if we won anything...

it can't have been in the 70's... :st2:

The chant was copied from West Ham.

They sang "Johnny Lyalls claret and blue army" all the way through the second half of a game I think they were losing.

I think Big Ron called our fans the Barmy Army and the song then came about.

Edited by Fedor

The chant was copied from West Ham.

They sang "Johnny Lyalls claret and blue army" all the way through the second half of a game I think they were losing.

I think Big Ron called our fans the Barmy Army and the song then came about.

If you're on about that game during the promotion season when we both went up, it was sung before then, started during the relegation season IIRC

If you're on about that game during the promotion season when we both went up, it was sung before then, started during the relegation season IIRC

Johnny Lyall left West Ham in 89 so it was sung by West Ham before that. Can't remember when exactly.