Left backs!!

Worthington was solid and reliable. Pretty comfortable being in the shadow of better, more talented players as well - no ego and a proper team player.

Sometimes I wonder how certain players would have done under different eras, and Pudil is a player that I believe would have thrived in any of the teams in the 90s. Big Ron would have got a right tune out of him.

Not quite old enough to remember Don Megson , so my top three in the last 50 odd years ,

Phil King

Andy Hinchcliffe

Nigel Worthington

with honorable mentions to Dave Rushbury , Ian Bailey, Glynn Snodin, Daniel Pudil.........Lawrie Madden did a very good job there when asked......and oh , for sheer brutality...Dave Clements.

But I get what the OP is saying , we have had some spectacularly bad ones .....look at this little lot.

Jon Beswetherick

Peter Gilbert

John Hills

Julian Bennett

Brian Barry-Murphy

Zigor Aranalde

Steve Harkness

Dan Jones

Eddie Nolan

Simon Coleman

Mark Reynolds

Jon Otsemebor

you could argue Morgan Fox , Rhoys Wiggins and Joe Mattock deserve a place on that list as well

Just now, Screen Door Slams said:

Not quite old enough to remember Don Megson , so my top three in the last 50 odd years ,

Phil King

Andy Hinchcliffe

Nigel Worthington

with honorable mentions to Dave Rushbury , Ian Bailey, Glynn Snodin, Daniel Pudil.........Lawrie Madden did a very good job there when asked......and oh , for sheer brutality...Dave Clements.

But I get what the OP is saying , we have had some spectacularly bad ones .....look at this little lot.

Jon Beswetherick

Peter Gilbert

John Hills

Julian Bennett

Brian Barry-Murphy

Zigor Aranalde

Steve Harkness

Dan Jones

Eddie Nolan

Simon Coleman

Mark Reynolds

Jon Otsemebor

you could argue Morgan Fox , Rhoys Wiggins and Joe Mattock deserve a place on that list as well

It’s a sorry list of names in general