Oxford game travel

10 minutes ago, gfsracing said:

Wednesdayite.

Go on their website

Issue with Wednesdayite coach for Oxford is that they're setting off early (75 minutes earlier than the ICO) and are stopping for an hour and a half in a little town called Brackley  - and if you don't want to do that then tough! It's certainly put me off going with them for that trip, it's not as if there's anything to do there and it's not all that far from Oxford so presumably somebody's getting a backhander from a pub or something! I wouldn't mind if they were going early and staying in central Oxford for a while where there's at least some interesting things to do, but no you have to go with what they've decided to do. 

5 hours ago, JDS said:

Looking for space on coach/minibus for 3 adults please for our game vs Oxford. Sheffield/Rotherham area

Rotherham Owls are taking a bus though we set off far earlier than ICO and Wednesdayite bus. 

We're all beer monsters. :tango:

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, alanharper said:

Issue with Wednesdayite coach for Oxford is that they're setting off early (75 minutes earlier than the ICO) and are stopping for an hour and a half in a little town called Brackley  - and if you don't want to do that then tough! It's certainly put me off going with them for that trip, it's not as if there's anything to do there and it's not all that far from Oxford so presumably somebody's getting a backhander from a pub or something! I wouldn't mind if they were going early and staying in central Oxford for a while where there's at least some interesting things to do, but no you have to go with what they've decided to do. 

couple of options here. 

A) go on Wednesdayite coach. Then get local bus/train from Bracknell to Oxford to do your own thing. Travel back from ground after match on coach. 

2) Hire a coach and fill it with people that want to do what you want to do. 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, alanharper said:

aint you heard? oxford is even less car/coach friendly than sheffield there council has created a 15 min city .  im sure any coach entering the centre of oxford will be paying some right fee.  not sure what a lot of coach companies are doing now in sheffield as picking say 4 people up from bus station will incure a £50 fee .  and id imagine if the coach leaves hillsborough it wont head towards shalesmoor then parkway as that also incurs the £50 fee. 

either way not an easy place to get to with the ground 4/5 miles from the centre.