Substitutions

Are we allowed 5 subs next season or is it just premier league clubs? 

Could really play into our hands, it looks like we have strong depth now especially at the back and up top. 

One problem with it though IMO, it will just increase time wasting which last season was absolutely ridiculous and worst I’ve seen in a long time.

Yes we're allowed 5. Each team is only allowed to make 3 breaks in play to make substitutions so unless you make substitutions at half time you'll have to make double substitutions if you want to make the full quota of 5.

I believe we get 5 subs too and agree it should really benefit us with having a strong squad, with more additions to be made soon too.

It was annoying seeing the “weaker” teams use time wasting tactics and drag out the subs,  but the reality was last season we needed to kill games off in the first half - then time wasting subs don’t become an issue in the second half 

• Like 1

Interesting to see how it pans out - I can see teams letting a couple of players a game just expend energy without concern for lasting the full game.  I wonder what effect letting our most athletic players, Dennis and FIzz, give everything for 45 each would have on a game.

32 minutes ago, G-Reg said:

Interesting to see how it pans out - I can see teams letting a couple of players a game just expend energy without concern for lasting the full game.  I wonder what effect letting our most athletic players, Dennis and FIzz, give everything for 45 each would have on a game.

Wouldn't surprise me if that how it pans out, it must be daunting for the opposition to contend with our midifield only for it to be reinvigorated by subs of a similar calibre.  If only we could do it with the attackers.