Rivalries That YOU Enjoy

13 hours ago, BOOFABI said:

I had no idea this was a thing until this thread...they're no where near each other and don't have much competitive or nasty history. Is it a Sky rivalry manufacturing job or sumat?

I had a season ticket at Palace for one year in the late '90s because it was the nearest club to home and a lot of my friends were Palace fans. They used to sing about hating Brighton back then. I think it had something to do with Alan Mullery having taken Brighton to the top flight and then switching to Palace. Palace and Brighton hated each other already and some of their fans boycotted games (their own version of the Pigs in the car park, I suppose).

• Thanks 1

Naturally for me other than Wednesday v United it’s the Edinburgh derby. The contest is full of history, Hearts have a huge upper hand, and it is the oldest football derby in England and Scotland played between two professional sides. 

My next favourite in Scotland is the Highland Derby between Inverness and Ross County. Well worth a watch then they’re in the same division 

• Love 1

On 24/11/2022 at 12:54, edinburghowl said:

Naturally for me other than Wednesday v United it’s the Edinburgh derby. The contest is full of history, Hearts have a huge upper hand, and it is the oldest football derby in England and Scotland played between two professional sides. 

My next favourite in Scotland is the Highland Derby between Inverness and Ross County. Well worth a watch then they’re in the same division 

Went to a Hearts Hibs game a few years ago, it was amazing. Both teams have an array of cracking songs. I was in an older wooden stand, genuinely no idea how it was still standing at the end of the game!

This rendition of 'Sunshine on Leith' genuinely gives me goosebumps. Went to Edinburgh as a kid, I claimed Hearts as my Scottish team, my brother went with Hibs. 

Will have a go at getting to the Inverness Ross County one at some point, cheers!

Edited by Otley Owl
Forgot link
  • Love 1

A bit random, but I had a couple of friends at school who were best mates, one a Bolton fan and one Ipswich, they were constantly at each other - the 2 teams always seem really close and constantly swapping the upper hand.

Always have a chuckle when they play, knowing they'll be needling away at each other  😂

A bit random, but I had a couple of friends at school who were best mates, one a Bolton fan and one Ipswich, they were constantly at each other - the 2 teams always seem really close and constantly swapping the upper hand.

Always have a chuckle when they play, knowing they'll be needling away at each other  😂

The play-offs were probably the highlight, not sure how the friendship survived...

image.png.f84d791d9c0bf649f30e4f94c1208aa8.pngimage.png.328315a5a3a818d502b116c1b0f01dfc.png

On 19/03/2022 at 01:24, g-owls said:

Forest v Derby

Having worked with both set of fans its safe to say that they detest each other.

Plus, the end of game 22 man brawl is pretty much a given. 

When we were managed by Nigel Clough and them Billy Davies (along with Rob Earnshaw playing for them for a while) Id agree. The last 4 or 5 seasons though have been very dour affairs with little fighting going on. I think the rivalry will bemefit from the break myself. Im sort of enjoying the rivalry weve got going on with Burton, obviously Plymouth, Peterboro, Barnsley and yourselves will now be direct opposition for those promotion places. And we now have a hatred for that wancor at Wycombe and obviously their cow shed of a club. 

Forest fans will probably be saying the same, albeit theyve got the advantage of saying it whilst in the premiership so it will feel geniune, whereas we might come across a bit head in arris for obvious reasons.