Shodipo and berahino

3 minutes ago, Animis said:

Our team is disjointed and has been for years. The managers haven't dealt with it - it's fairly obvious. Happy to hear your views.

If it that's obvious then why have none of our last 5 managers tried it? Have they really all been so inept that they can't see what you can? 

I love it when people think that if we only dropped our best player we would be so much more successful. 

6 minutes ago, NorthernOwl said:

If it that's obvious then why have none of our last 5 managers tried it? Have they really all been so inept that they can't see what you can? 

I love it when people think that if we only dropped our best player we would be so much more successful. 

They have each struggled with the issue. I'm not suggesting that we drop BB. My opinion is that BB is a key part of the team, but we haven't built a team around him, which leaves us disjointed.

Of course resources and off-the-field issues may have played a part in this, but we have recruited many wide players over the last 5 years or so, and IMO neglected the centre of midfield. BB needs a strong ball-winning partner who is mobile.

The fact that the last 5 managers haven't invested in this area, other than as I've said Luongo, is disappointing. Whether that suggests that they were inept, only results can judge.