Shodipo and berahino

3 minutes ago, Errol Flashman said:

Like look of Berahino. 

I think his beat position is in the hole behind the striker though. Not wide.

Mind I think that's wing's best position too.

Not sure we'll ever see either of them in it...

Correct me if I am wrong but didn't Berahino score from a corner, in a position a striker would stand.

We want to score more goals and win more games pick a formation and play the players that can play it, 4-4-2. We have a good solid back 4 when Hutch is there not Dunkley, we have 4 or 5 good wingers in the squad and we have 3 (4 of classing Windass).

For me the.next game changes need making.

Farrell

Palmer, Iorfa, Hutch, Brown

Shodipo, Wing, Dennis, Corbeanu

Berahino, Gregory

We need to start playing the players that can play in our strongest formation not fitting the formation around a few under performing players.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Errol Flashman said:

Like look of Berahino. 

I think his beat position is in the hole behind the striker though. Not wide.

Mind I think that's wing's best position too.

Not sure we'll ever see either of them in it...

totally agree either up top with someone else or just behind OR as a forward on the left / right , doubt he’s one of those who burst pasts 4 , seems more clever , yard of pace but not blistering

8 minutes ago, room0035 said:

Correct me if I am wrong but didn't Berahino score from a corner, in a position a striker would stand.

We want to score more goals and win more games pick a formation and play the players that can play it, 4-4-2. We have a good solid back 4 when Hutch is there not Dunkley, we have 4 or 5 good wingers in the squad and we have 3 (4 of classing Windass).

Farrell

Berahino, Gregory

We need to start playing the players that can play in our strongest formation not fitting the formation around a few under performing players.

Like the look of that , feel Moore wouldn’t drop baz though 

• Thanks 1

Honestly thought Berahino was very, very good. Surprised and impressed with him, movement, vision, pace, desire, ball control, all top notch, great finish for his goal, should have scored at least one more. What did surprise and impress me was his passing ability/range, pinging cross field passes like they were nothing, superb. Get him match fit and we have a quality player for nothing, as long as he doesn't get distracted by an agent or off-field shenanigan.

• Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, Barnsleyowl1996 said:

Like the look of that , feel Moore wouldn’t drop baz though 

Probably not, and he doesn't deserve dropping really, but he will need to be rested now and then and with 2 tough away games in a few days next week I'd put him on the bench. 

12 minutes ago, room0035 said:

Farrell

Berahino, Gregory

What do you do when Windas comes back?

3 minutes ago, Paul.. said:

Honestly thought Berahino was very, very good. Surprised and impressed with him, movement, vision, pace, desire, ball control, all top notch, great finish for his goal, should have scored at least one more. What did surprise and impress me was his passing ability/range, pinging cross field passes like they were nothing, superb. Get him match fit and we have a quality player for nothing, as long as he doesn't get distracted by an agent or off-field shenanigan.

I'd forgotten about that, you are spot on. He also came back into midfield to find the ball and was effective.

He does look a cut above. He might be the spark we need to set this team alight.

30 minutes ago, room0035 said:

I’ve read that a few times now and still don’t understand it. 

Why is 4-4-2 our strongest formation?

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, room0035 said:

Farrell

Berahino, Gregory

That midfield gets battered every week 

7 minutes ago, S72 Owl said:

I’ve read that a few times now and still don’t understand it. 

Why is 4-4-2 our strongest formation?

It’s never been.

people always say that when we lose a few. Usually the same people that say you can’t get promotion by ‘playing football’ in this league 

28 minutes ago, prowl said:

I'd forgotten about that, you are spot on. He also came back into midfield to find the ball and was effective.

He does look a cut above. He might be the spark we need to set this team alight.

His movement for his headed chance is absolutely outstanding. Him and Shodipo with Windass will see us climb the table later in the year.

• Like 1

Shodipo I really liked.
He’s got skill and can glide with the ball.

He also bagged a goal in front of the Kop… but thanks to an utterly useless linesman he was robbed of what he deserved. Start him next game…. 

Saido looks decent for this league. He should bag us some goals - not sure he should be out wide though…. Has he played there ?