Desperate for a new manager

1 hour ago, Owl 44 said:

Nixon said that he is only offering a contract till the end of the season. This is because he's nervous of the financial losses of relegation. This would only make sense if he was planning to bring in a big name.

Maybe he was prepared to give it to Cook till the end of the season but then bring in someone else which explains why Cook wouldn't accept it. However, we will still need a manager next season. I honestly think he's giving Thompson the chance to keep us up, then he'll bring in his name. If Thommo doesn't, he'll have to accept a lesser name (Cook will be gone by then) because none of his names will want to manage in league one.

The trouble is we're sinking faster than the Titanic and he is no further forward than he was at the end of the year. By the time he gets sorted, we'll already be too far behind to mount a fight, if we're not already. 

Thommo has now failed so get on with it DC

• Like 1

Ok, I'll take one for the team, I'll be the manager. No real experience but my last role as Sunday league player manager saw us go a season only losing 4 games, drawing 2 and winning the rest and finishing champions. 

I'm sure it can't be that hard having professional footballers to work with rather than a few call centre workers, a car salesman, a bread delivery man and a joiner.