Desperate for a new manager

I take a different view from Hamakua Pueo in that I think this would be a good time to get a new Manager in.

NT can return to running the Under 23's with Lee Bullen.

It would then enable the new manager to have a good look at the players at close quarters and plan for next season back in League One.

The problem is that DC may appoint a serial loser like Coleman whereas anyone with a shred of knowledge of English football would have Paul Cook installed by tonight.

Cook has been there and done it when it comes to getting a club promoted from League One to the Champiuonship.

Presumbly that is why the group involved in the takeover of Ipswich Town want him as their first choice of manager.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, hirstyboywonder said:

The more attacking approach was refreshing and clearly worked.

But anyone could see Hutchinson was done for before the hour mark and he didn't replace him. Leaving Brown on for a full 90 minutes when he has barely had more than 15 minutes in any game in the past 4 months was questionable. 

His tendency to keep subbing centre-backs off is a bit strange as well, how many teams make tactical centre-back substitutions during games.

Lets face it, he is not cut out to lead a Championship team in a relegation battle, no team in the entire EFL would be considering taking on Thompson as their first team manager. It's not his fault, his experience and strength is based on being an academy coach, he should not have to be burdened with the responsibility.  

Yes I must admit I find that messing with the defence every game very strange...

1 hour ago, Django said:

Only 2 scenarios for me here

1. He’s left it too late and nobody decent will touch the job 

2. He’s got someone lined up but they won’t come until the summer 

Or wanting to sell the club and will not put any more money into us? We can live in hope 

Let’s be honest we should have been 3/4 up at half time we were so on top it was unbelievable? That’s that re manager ideally should have got one in after 3/4 games Thompson had done well in would have given us a double boost? ( new manager affect) ? Cook the only option for me still wants the job according to Biggs knows league one .won league one and can have rest of season to try to get some sort of style implemented. But we all know it won’t happen cus our beloved leader doesn’t do common sense does he

4 minutes ago, Mick70 said:

Let’s be honest we should have been 3/4 up at half time we were so on top it was unbelievable? That’s that re manager ideally should have got one in after 3/4 games Thompson had done well in would have given us a double boost? ( new manager affect) ? Cook the only option for me still wants the job according to Biggs knows league one .won league one and can have rest of season to try to get some sort of style implemented. But we all know it won’t happen cus our beloved leader doesn’t do common sense does he

any sense would do, never mind common sense

2 minutes ago, Owls Loyal said:

So right Mick70.

Maybe just maybe DC will suddenly reflect and do what any other Chairman in the EFL would do and bring Cook in prior to the Rotherham game.

Chances of that I’d say are pretty slim?  One of all this adds up does it? Pulis gone end dec no manager appointment and nearly March? Biggest transfer window in history of club to try keep us in league and re signs one ( done well tbf) and sign another crock by the looks of it! Both be cheap imo , if I didn’t know better it looks like we deliberately being run into the ground? Surely he’s not that stupid to realise his club worth less in league one than championship! 

There could be a variety of reasons why Thompson is still in charge and most if not all have been suggested on here?

Thompson has been left in no man’s lad so to speak. He continues to be caretaker on a supposedly game by game basis while the whole club comes apart at the seams from all around him?

He’s trying his best but that old saying familiarity breeds contempt springs to mind. We’ve seen it in the past with Bullen, now we’re seeing it with Thompson.

He’s trying to hold things together. He knows slagging the players off in public isn’t going to work. It didn’t for Monk or Pulis, it won’t for Thompson.

I sometimes wonder if having 2 or 3 senior players in caretaker control might work better. If Bannan, Hutchinson and Westwood were calling the shots, they’re more likely to pull it out of the fire for themselves than someone else?

Whatever happens, it’s a complete mess and one that so easily could’ve been avoided.

Nixon still saying Chansiri wants a manager until end of season. The longer he has left this and us now being 6 points from safety means no self respecting manager will take the job until the end of the season imo. No job security and almost certain relegation on their CV. Chansiri messing about as usual will cost us our place in the league. We should appoint a manager on a decent contract, with the aim of preparing us for and challenging in league one next season. 

9 hours ago, ashley8 said:

Nobody wants the job..... Call Megson! Until end of season (no longer!) At least he might help them to fight and have a bit of passion for Wednesday. If nobody else wants to come (who could blame them) gi Meggy a shout!...........

The players shouldn't need help to fight and show passion, that's what they are well paid to do, but are clearly failing to honour.  Heaven help them if they ever have to tackle a real job and display the same attitude.

12 hours ago, BRADDO said:

The word is clearly out there among decent, experienced managers that Swfc under DC is an absolute basket case. 

It's as though someone has taken deliberate, malicious actions to run the club into oblivion. 

But, I'm confused as to who gets something out of it. Surely not DC after the millions spent.

1612037508124_trimmed.png.b7d86590f0493297012b7792e7d2e55a.png

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Hamakua Pueo said:

If a new manager/head coach were to be appointed today/tomorrow, this would mean that in effect the season was divided into 4 roughly equal quarters, each with a different manager with a distinctively different approach. This seems like it ought to be material for a hand book called “How Not To Run a Football Club, Especially During a Relegation Scrap.”

In context it might be better to stick with Thompson. It is hard to see how, with so much of the future of everything about the club undisclosed, a new manager would be expected to produce a new manager bounce. 

A new manager now might not save us this season, but could at least start looking at what we need for next

Nixon said that he is only offering a contract till the end of the season. This is because he's nervous of the financial losses of relegation. This would only make sense if he was planning to bring in a big name.

Maybe he was prepared to give it to Cook till the end of the season but then bring in someone else which explains why Cook wouldn't accept it. However, we will still need a manager next season. I honestly think he's giving Thompson the chance to keep us up, then he'll bring in his name. If Thommo doesn't, he'll have to accept a lesser name (Cook will be gone by then) because none of his names will want to manage in league one.

The trouble is we're sinking faster than the Titanic and he is no further forward than he was at the end of the year. By the time he gets sorted, we'll already be too far behind to mount a fight, if we're not already.