Fox - Our Key Man

Guest domSWFC

1 hour ago, matthefish2002 said:

Fox is worth is place in the side bt think to call him or most important player is stretching it a bit.

If he had put in same performance in as last night last season he would have got pelters.

Personally still think a bumper new contract isn't a good idea 

10 hours ago, Blatter said:

Hope Penney comes back fit and firing next season to keep him on his toes though.
He’s Important to give us a balanced back four, but surely the key player is Fletcher, the game turned when he came on for 30 minutes (plus a bit) tonight. 

Pretty sure Penney is out of contract so may not return

I spent the first 18 months defending him and thought he could be a good player at this level, while he was getting slated left right and centre. 

Though I'll admit due to some shocking performances and inconsistencies I started to think he wasn't cut out to play at this level, so it's good to see him becoming so integral a part of the team now and I hope this form continues. 

There has been a lot of overreaction with Fox.

When he was playing poorly he wasn`t as bad as some were making out, to me there was never any shortage of effort i just thought he was probably more suited to league 1.

Now he is playing decently he isnt as good as some are making out, he was OK last night , nothing more, but to say he is our key man is really pushing the envelope.