How the side might shape up..

18 minutes ago, Southie_Owl said:

Yes I do, Onomah hardly played and in the team you are commenting on Kieran Lee is replacing Onomah’s place in the squad which I’d say is an upgrade. 

Hooper has been injured for 1.5 years and didn’t help us become the 3rd best form side under Bruce 

Harris will be better for us than Matias and Aarons contribution.  

Lazaar played about 2 games, the rest of the time it was another player at left back (Palmer or Fox) who got us winning games. These players are still with us 

Based on the team you are commenting on, in my opinion bringing in the likes of Harris, Odubajo, Bidwell, Lee, Rhodes into the match day squad is better than who they are replacing. 

First of all, it’s all about opinions, and I respect your take on it. Really I don’t have a problem with these 4 players we’ve been linked with, although I think we could do better than Bidwell. Nevertheless, it’s an encouraging start, if true, but I think we are getting carried away if we think those 4 signings alone, will turn us into promotion challengers. However, I’m optimistic that we will eventually bring in the players with that extra quality, probably on loan, who can help to turn us into promotion contenders. 

As things stand, Hector is a big loss, nobody can rely deny that. You are right, Onomah hardly played, and was generally injured during his time here. Ditto Aarons and Lazaar. Against that though, I’d ask, how many games did Lee play last season? Is Harris a significant upgrade on Matias? I don’t know, it’s debatable, but there probably isn’t much in it.

Anyway, as I said, I’m reasonably happy with the suggested signings, it’s a good start, but there is much more to do, before we can consider ourselves promotion contenders.

Edited by gurujuan

2 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

First of all, it’s all about opinions, and I respect your take on it. Really I don’t have a problem with these 4 players we’ve been linked, although I think we could do better than Bidwell. Nevertheless, it’s an encouraging start, if true, but I think we are getting carried away if we think those 4 signings alone, will turn us into promotion challengers. However, I’m optimistic that we will eventually bring in the players with that extra qualities, probably on loan, who can help to turn us into promotion contenders. 

As things stand, Hector is a big loss, nobody can rely deny that. You are right, Onomah hardly played, and was generally injured during his time here. Ditto Aarons and Lazaar. Against that though, I’d ask, how many games did Lee play last season? Is Harris a significant upgrade on Matias? I don’t know, it’s debatable, but there probably isn’t much in it.

Anyway, as I said, I’m reasonably happy with the suggested signings, it’s a good start, but there is much more to do, before we can consider ourselves promotion contenders.

Yes Hector is a big loss, tho we don’t know how good this Börner lad is and how it will effect the defensive dynamic of the side. I believe Börner has a good goal scoring record (in arguably a worse league) but he might add that to our set pieces.

Just to clarify, a potential match day squad was posted based on our soft embargo situation (I.e.only being able to sign a few players without a transfer fee) and your comment was “it would struggle to get to midtable”.  

I just disagree with that comment, I think our squad should at least achieve mid table.  I don’t think the OP meant it was a promotion side. 

I do agree with you that I’m hoping Bruce will be able to sign even better players to make us a promotion challenging side 

On 19/06/2019 at 06:59, Southie_Owl said:

We could have the below team next season, not the worse we’ve had of late 

Westwood 

Odubajo   Lees   Börner    Bidwell 

Harris  Hutchinson  Bannan  Reach 

Fletcher  Forestieri 

subs: Dawson, Iorfa, Palmer, Penney, Lee, Joao, Rhodes 

Seems far more plausible than most already posted on here. 

• Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, Southie_Owl said:

Yes Hector is a big loss, tho we don’t know how good this Börner lad is and how it will effect the defensive dynamic of the side. I believe Börner has a good goal scoring record (in arguably a worse league) but he might add that to our set pieces.

Just to clarify, a potential match day squad was posted based on our soft embargo situation (I.e.only being able to sign a few players without a transfer fee) and your comment was “it would struggle to get to midtable”.  

I just disagree with that comment, I think our squad should at least achieve mid table.  I don’t think the OP meant it was a promotion side. 

I do agree with you that I’m hoping Bruce will be able to sign even better players to make us a promotion challenging side 

and I’d be happy if that could only be loans