Talks with Westwood

20 minutes ago, room0035 said:

If we offered him the same terms he is currently on it would be reduced terms as everything costs more now.

With the saving on the likes of Hooper, Lee, Abdi, Jones, Pudil, Onomah I think we can make sure we keep Westwood at least for another 2 years. 

Of the players out of contract keep Westwood and palmer the rest can go, unless they want to prove their fitness to us and win a contract by being available to play every game.

I think even if it is the same terms he gets offered by us, he will get offered higher elsewhere. Agree on Palmer and get rid of the rest and start the re-build. I think the figure Westwood asks for, just to match what he is being offered elsewhere, will be too high and he will go. But we shall see, hopefully all the other clubs are idiots and don't rate him.

Guest Willow Owl
On 24/04/2019 at 22:29, HOOTIE AND THE poo TU said:

I'm going to go against the grain here, he's a top keeper, as good as anything in the Championship, but you have to remember he suffers from injury quite often

If Bruce is given a choice between Westwood and Hector, I hope he spaffs the cash on Hector

I'd be sorry to see Westwood go, but we have two good young keepers

We currently have no one to replace Hector

If we could keep both that would be awesome, but if cash is limited, I wouldn't want us to blow the budget on Westwood

Totally agree,  money needs to be spent elsewhere. A settled back four has been the main reason in our up turn defensively. Hector and Lees have formed a great partnership and our fullbacks are stopping crosses coming into the box. Dont get me wrong Westwood has been part of the improvement but unless he accepts reduced terms, incentive based, on a yearly rolling contract, Its thanks for the memories. We need to look forward and i personally think we have 2 very good young keepers who are not injury prone. FFP allowing Hector, Aarons and another defensive midfielder for me are more important.

image.png.c9e96b7c84c008aec2910296728942a2.png

• Westwood- Yeah, it's all on hold with everyone. Hey, if we get a result tomorrow, it's a long shot, but we won't give up on it. Lets get that game played. It’s on hold till we know where we are. Lets focus our attentions on the game on Saturday. Then we have weeks, and weeks and weeks to discuss things if we need to .
  • Thanks 1