Fernando The Observer

On 31/03/2019 at 19:21, Blatter said:

Exactly Snooty.

There is a case for bringing charges against Mansfield players for violent conduct and there is video and photographic evidence to back it up.

Best if the authorities look into the incidents in the whole match and base their findings on real evidence and not here say.

We should learn from this and stop playing friendlies against wannabees. 

On 31/03/2019 at 18:55, Owls2k said:

I think it's pretty poor form to use someone's nationality and the culture they came from to help you come to the conclusion that they 'probably' said something racist, but maybe that's just me. Thankfully the court system doesn't usually work on guess work.

The fact is there was zero evidence, the prosecution knew that as did the player and his team yet they and the police proceeded anyway in the full knowledge he wouldn't be convicted. It smacks of an exercise to make a point and damage a reputation despite the lack of evidence. 

Looking at the fallout after the case. Like you, the vast majority seem to have the same view that something was said. Very few have even considered the possibly that he was misheard and he and his family have undeservedly been put through pure hell for the past few months. And with that in mind the prosecution have probably achieved all they could have. 

If anything further comes of this it will be an absolute disgrace and will set a dangerous precedent for the future. If something was said it is indeed horrendous and had he been found guilty I'd have been happy for the club to tear his up his contract immediately. But sanctioning someone without evidence is not the way to go.

Strange, you were actually agreeing with me that the case shouldn't be brought by the FA and that not guilty was the correct result. If you had given me the courtesy of quoting in full that would have been obvious.

It is plainly absurd to say there was "zero evidence" against Forestieri when you have the captain of a professional league club, and the only person clearly within earshot of the incident, aside from Forestieri himself, testifying in a court of law against him.

To my mind the 'misheard' explanation sounds unlikely but not impossible. Similarly, it is unlikely but not impossible the Mansfield player was making the whole thing up. But ultimately this comes down to one man's word against another and that isn't the basis for a conviction. Either by the FA or in a court of law.

• Haha 1

On 31/03/2019 at 16:16, Lincs Owl said:

There isn't any Spanish word equivalent to the English word nïger, sämbo, coøn etc so why would he say it in English.  People naturally swear in their native language in the heat of the moment.

The word nïger is itself a Southern USA corruption of '*****' which is Spanish for 1. A black man.  2. Black(the colour).

***** is not an offensive term in Spanish.  Negrito is slightly offensive. 

I speak Spanish fairly well and I know that, unlike the English,  the Spanish don't use colour as an insult.  I can't find anything in my best 2,000 page Spanish dictionary.

I just think some folk have it in for FF.  He's still paying for that Wolves v Watford incident years ago.   

This is pretty desperate stuff.

Forestieri has been playing football in England for six years, so the explanation that he doesn't know that English racist words can be offensive when heard on an English football field, or even that "the Spanish [sic] don't use colour as an insult".

Fortunately for us Forestieri has denied saying it entirely, and in the lack of further evidence we should take him at his word. Trying to twist ourselves into ridiculous contortions like Liverpool or Spanish fans did over the Luis Suárez or Luis Aragonés incidents isn't very sensible.

On 02/04/2019 at 17:47, Dan™ said:

Nonsense.

Every side has an agenda, whether they're consciously avoided or not, but you'd have to be quite insane to think that the mainstream papers on the right aren't actively engaging with the worrying process of releasing fake news into the wild. It's practically their entire modus operandi.

Thats exactly what I said.

They are "AS BAD AS". The theory seems to be backed up by your response, because just like the right, the left don't seem to fully read things either, just the parts they agree with / match their agenda.

Perfect examples of fake news are the Guardian or Daily Mail, left and right. How people read / believe their s*** is beyond me, especially in an age where more information is available than ever.