Fernando The Observer

2 hours ago, shandypants said:

I don’t think it’s the journalist pushing for further investigation; I think the journalist is firstly, saying that further investigation has already started and is secondly, questioning the “absolutely guilty” (based on notion of probability) ridiculous nature of said investigation. 

I think the journo is actually sticking up for Forestieri to a certain extent. 

This.  Shocked at the misreading going on here.

And the "bias" claims because journo is a Forest fan?  Come on.

• Thanks 1

There isn't any Spanish word equivalent to the English word nïger, sämbo, coøn etc so why would he say it in English.  People naturally swear in their native language in the heat of the moment.

The word nïger is itself a Southern USA corruption of '*****' which is Spanish for 1. A black man.  2. Black(the colour).

***** is not an offensive term in Spanish.  Negrito is slightly offensive. 

I speak Spanish fairly well and I know that, unlike the English,  the Spanish don't use colour as an insult.  I can't find anything in my best 2,000 page Spanish dictionary.

I just think some folk have it in for FF.  He's still paying for that Wolves v Watford incident years ago.   

11 hours ago, scram said:

The authorities are fucking disgusting

They have no evidence whatsoever and the guy has been cleared in a law court - yet the oh-so-knowledgeable (not!) authorities plough on...

maybe they should concentrate a bit more on the structural problems they have caused within the game that is seeing clubs going to the wall regularly - proud old clubs like Coventry on the brink of extinction - and not allow clubs who have money to spend it based upon phoney manufactured nonsensical rules and then actually punish those clubs for having the temerity to spend their own money

Absolute fucking charlatans who are not remotely fit for purpose

100% spot on.

3 hours ago, matthefish2002 said:

I am not FF greatest fan for some of the things he has done during his time at Wednesday but think its time to move on.

He has already served at ban for this game and been to court.

I dont think Mansfield player is making it all up but far more likely misheard someone whose English is poor.

So everyone else has to move on, but you refuse to when it comes to FF?

Ok then.

2 hours ago, Lincs Owl said:

I can't believe the word N E G R O is filtered on here!!!!

It's Spanish for black for Christ's sake.  

My floor tiles are black, I bought them from B&Q about 5 years ago. 

I'n assumung they were made in a SpanIsh speaking country as they are described as N. E. G. R. O on the box. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Emerson Thome said:

To be honest - my view: something got the Mansfield player very upset, and considering a) his reaction, and b) that racial insults, whilst considered bad, aren't considered the absolute worst thing in Latin America/Italy the way they are in this particular time in Britain, the 'balance of probability' is he probably said something more than what he admitted in court.

I think it's pretty poor form to use someone's nationality and the culture they came from to help you come to the conclusion that they 'probably' said something racist, but maybe that's just me. Thankfully the court system doesn't usually work on guess work.

The fact is there was zero evidence, the prosecution knew that as did the player and his team yet they and the police proceeded anyway in the full knowledge he wouldn't be convicted. It smacks of an exercise to make a point and damage a reputation despite the lack of evidence. 

Looking at the fallout after the case. Like you, the vast majority seem to have the same view that something was said. Very few have even considered the possibly that he was misheard and he and his family have undeservedly been put through pure hell for the past few months. And with that in mind the prosecution have probably achieved all they could have. 

If anything further comes of this it will be an absolute disgrace and will set a dangerous precedent for the future. If something was said it is indeed horrendous and had he been found guilty I'd have been happy for the club to tear his up his contract immediately. But sanctioning someone without evidence is not the way to go.

• Like 1

Kind of feels like the whole debacle has been done incorrectly.

There's absolutely no way this should ever have got to a court of law. FF could have called Pearce every racial slur under the sun... with absolutely no way of corroborating it he was always going to be found Not Guilty. It was just a waste of time and resources. That said, I can buy that he did say something, simply by Pearce's reaction. And for that, the FA will probably hand out a punishment. But then that goes directly counter to what a court of law, a far more comprehensive and rigorous system, has found. And yeah, you can argue whether it's right or wrong for the FA to dish out a punishment like this with next to no evidence, but now he's been found Not Guilty in a court, it will make any forthcoming punishment look even more "wrong" to give out.

Add on a seeming complete ambivalence about doing anything to the bloke that dropkicked Tom Lees in the spleen, and it just feels like everything's been done badly wrong. 

I look forward to next week's piece about a hooligan lower league clogger inciting violence on an Argentinian Immigrant . A piece with actual video footage of the incident that started it , and other physical evidence like the call log on his phone, the text message and group chats etc. 

I think drawing conclusions based on the extent to which Pearce reacted would set a very dangerous precedence.

We've already had all forms of 'simulation': embellished reactions to perceived physical contact (real or not) - but do we really want to run the risk of adding embellished reactions to verbal exchanges between the players on the pitch to the forms of simulation?

In all honesty, I don't know where you'd draw the line for what should be considered acceptable in terms of trying to get under an opponent's skin. But let's be sure here that whether a mark was over-stepped or not, the exchanges were first-and-foremost between two sportsmen sparring, and not just between two blokes who happen to turn on each other in the street. How this made the courts in the first place is a disgrace.

1 hour ago, Lord Snooty said:

I look forward to next week's piece about a hooligan lower league clogger inciting violence on an Argentinian Immigrant . A piece with actual video footage of the incident that started it , and other physical evidence like the call log on his phone, the text message and group chats etc. 

That story doesn’t  fit the narrative so don’t be disappointed when it doesn’t appear.