Jump to content


Recommended Posts

On 17/01/2019 at 00:04, Halifax Owls said:

£7 ticket leaving Victoria Bus Station at 9.30 arriving in Bradford at 2am then a taxi to Fax. I must be wrong in me head.

 

Good luck! Bear in mind that Victoria Bus Station is a good stroll from the railway station - 5 to 10 m minutes. Also Megabus are sticklers on their 

 

'gate closes 2 minutes before departure'. Finally, if that bus gets to Bradford for 2 am I'll eat my hat - every time I've been forced to use them back to 

 

Sheffield (Meadowhall) they've been AT LEAST 90 minutes late. And that's usually on the 1am service where traffic is as light as it gets!

 

Finally, are you sure? There's no 9.30 departure on the website. There's an 20.35?

Edited by Manwithastick

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


I have a 1st class one way ticket from St Pancras to Sheffield on the 21.30 available.

 

I’m away at the weekend down in the Midlands and was hoping to make my way from there to the game and then get the train back to Sheffield hence it being a one way but having bought the ticket straight after Luton, can not now go to the game. It’s an advance ticket so can’t get a refund so wondered if anyone fancied it?

54360C90-26BF-4A5A-B97D-F5578AA67C32.thumb.jpeg.aa8983df9811a67833961a6e2ec25073.jpeg

Just looking for face value which was £42.30 including booking fee, it’s a mobile ticket so you’d need to have the trainline app to download it from the confirmation email I have. DM me if you’re interested. Cheers 

 

Edited by ardeecee

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

new train has been added 21.18 from London st pancras direct to Sheffield someone at east midlands  either is an owl or sees loads of cash to be made with a full train of owls. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Manwithastick said:

 

Good luck! Bear in mind that Victoria Bus Station is a good stroll from the railway station - 5 to 10 m minutes. Also Megabus are sticklers on their 

 

'gate closes 2 minutes before departure'. Finally, if that bus gets to Bradford for 2 am I'll eat my hat - every time I've been forced to use them back to 

 

Sheffield (Meadowhall) they've been AT LEAST 90 minutes late. And that's usually on the 1am service where traffic is as light as it gets!

 

Finally, are you sure? There's no 9.30 departure on the website. There's an 20.35?

 

I'm getting a Mega Bus down and a National Express back mate.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, handworth52 said:

new train has been added 21.18 from London st pancras direct to Sheffield someone at east midlands  either is an owl or sees loads of cash to be made with a full train of owls. 

 

Sensible.

 

You're not wrong about the cash though, £79 one way!  So still £53 even if you've got a railcard (in standard class).  I booked on the 21:30 last week, £27 in first class with railcard.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, alanharper said:

 

Sensible.

 

You're not wrong about the cash though, £79 one way!  So still £53 even if you've got a railcard (in standard class).  I booked on the 21:30 last week, £27 in first class with railcard.

be thinking about you in 1st when all us peasants in 2nd class  are crammed in like sardines pressed up against the glass lol 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, handworth52 said:

be thinking about you in 1st when all us peasants in 2nd class  are crammed in like sardines pressed up against the glass lol 

 

I may spare you brave chaps a thought whilst I'm dipping truffles in my Dom Perignon. 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...