21-30 St Pancras to Sheffield

9 hours ago, hykehamowl said:

Quicker to walk to Earls Court (20 mins) and get Piccadilly line from there. 

yes I agree ive looked into that , I think Fulham broadway might have a massive queue with all the Chelsea support and upto a 2000 of us heading there don't think that option is worth risking . turn out of ground take left onto main road keep walking until you reach finborough road (about 5min walk) turn left onto that road and keep walking another 15 min until you see earls court station . tube takes about 20 mins from there then another 5 mins or so to train. 

• Like 1

On a more helpful note, if you download Citymapper and hit the Get Me Somewhere button coming out of the ground , it will give you live time information of the best routes to St. P Int. That will include buses, overground, underground, ubers and any combination of such. It also tells you which end of the tube to get on for the best. Its been a lifesaver for me when I worked there.

It doesn't work in Sheffield yet mind...

11 hours ago, handworth52 said:

yes I agree ive looked into that , I think Fulham broadway might have a massive queue with all the Chelsea support and upto a 2000 of us heading there don't think that option is worth risking . turn out of ground take left onto main road keep walking until you reach finborough road (about 5min walk) turn left onto that road and keep walking another 15 min until you see earls court station . tube takes about 20 mins from there then another 5 mins or so to train. 

Many thanks, appreciate the advice. The journey down will be even more of an ordeal. My sons at Rotherham academy, they've got bloody Hartlepool away, 11am kick off. Wish me luck!!! The things you do to watch the Owls 

Edited by Stockyowl

17 hours ago, cardiffowl06 said:

St Pancras to Sheffield should be East Midlands Trains, not LNER. I know its Sunday, but 21:30 as the last train is a disgrace. 

Pretty sure the last train on Saturdays is only 9pm too.

Edited by niallzi

2 hours ago, Harrysgame said:

Agree, shocking last train 9pm, I bet they have a later train  to Manchester or Donny,  why not Sheffield.

There’s quote a few going to Donny, think the last one is 10:30ish. Guessing they call at Donny in there way elsewhere, Newcastle maybe! 

Was as surprised how quick the Donny route is.. An hour and half on the quickest! 

16 hours ago, thesexynortherner said:

There’s quote a few going to Donny, think the last one is 10:30ish. Guessing they call at Donny in there way elsewhere, Newcastle maybe! 

Was as surprised how quick the Donny route is.. An hour and half on the quickest! 

TBH always use Donny ad quicker and cheaper.

Guest Manwithastick
On 17/01/2019 at 00:04, Halifax Owls said:

£7 ticket leaving Victoria Bus Station at 9.30 arriving in Bradford at 2am then a taxi to Fax. I must be wrong in me head.

Good luck! Bear in mind that Victoria Bus Station is a good stroll from the railway station - 5 to 10 m minutes. Also Megabus are sticklers on their 

'gate closes 2 minutes before departure'. Finally, if that bus gets to Bradford for 2 am I'll eat my hat - every time I've been forced to use them back to 

Sheffield (Meadowhall) they've been AT LEAST 90 minutes late. And that's usually on the 1am service where traffic is as light as it gets!

Finally, are you sure? There's no 9.30 departure on the website. There's an 20.35?

Edited by Manwithastick