Definition of support

5 hours ago, hirstys_achilles said:

I suppose the same can be said either way, I obviously chose a definition. Just as you have. The replies are what I expected, nobody actually answered. Most comments are responses that have little to do with the question. A relative of mine has learning difficulties and as mad about wednesday. He would love to go on this site but we have stopped him from getting signed to the forum. Can you imagine what people would post if he asked for opinions with spelling mistakes or grammar not of the standard some require. So chief not everyone is as intelligent as you and although I not bothered if you agree or dont with how i worded the question, how much time a spent engineering the question was not what was asked. Why not dont bother replying if its not what the poster was asking in future ?? The site would be a much better place for swfc fans of all intelligence and abilities. To sum up my reply, maybe you should spend a bit less time trying to find issues with the post.

0B55427D-F235-4C5B-B016-EC55EC2BF15D.gif

On 12/11/2018 at 06:24, hirstys_achilles said:

I suppose the same can be said either way, I obviously chose a definition. Just as you have. The replies are what I expected, nobody actually answered. Most comments are responses that have little to do with the question. A relative of mine has learning difficulties and as mad about wednesday. He would love to go on this site but we have stopped him from getting signed to the forum. Can you imagine what people would post if he asked for opinions with spelling mistakes or grammar not of the standard some require. So chief not everyone is as intelligent as you and although I not bothered if you agree or dont with how i worded the question, how much time a spent engineering the question was not what was asked. Why not dont bother replying if its not what the poster was asking in future ?? The site would be a much better place for swfc fans of all intelligence and abilities. To sum up my reply, maybe you should spend a bit less time trying to find issues with the post.

You gave a definition of 'support' which isn't related to the term 'supporter' as applies to followers of a sports team (i.e. the common definition when one is on a forum full of supporters), which you then used in a question which might be considered to be an antagonistic purity-test aimed at members of this board - a common conclusion, if the replies are anything to judge by. Rather than make that assumption, I applied the principle of charity, assumed that the question was either sincere or whimsical, and responded to your post in a light-hearted manner. Was I perhaps mistaken in doing so? Judging by your responses -especially the one quoted above - it would seem I that was.

Regardless of your intentions in the OP of this thread, what I find most egregious is that you've chosen to borrow your relative's learning difficulties to hold up as a shield against what you incorrectly perceived to be an attack. I myself suffer from an incurable disability, and would be utterly disgusted were anyone to so much as consider using it as a stick with which to beat someone who pulled my trousers down on a forum. Their disability is not your trump card, and you should feel ashamed that you felt it appropriate to use it as one.

Finally, I am not responsible for any feelings of inadequacy or inferiority that you may or may not have regarding your perception of our relative intellectual capabilities, nor does your inability to control such feelings justify your antagonism towards myself.

A few years ago I was on holiday In Tenerife when the Owls beat the blunts. I had found a Sky bar to view the game and said hi to the five Owls and one blunt. One of the Owls told me that he was one of the crew of Greenpeace that was anchored just off shore, he had borrowed a small motor boat that was tied up in the local harbour, as soon as the match had finished he legged it back to the boat, now that’s what I call support.  lol