2003-4 season stats

I did a good amount of games this season both home & away. I think the attraction of ticking some new grounds off the list kept me going.

Seeing the marvellous Kim Olsen at Port Vale...trips to Blackpool..Brighton ( that hockey ground thingy ) Bournemouth in midweek playing crap and getting beat. Graham Lee's free kick at Tranmere and ended up drawing.Being 2-0 up in no time at Wycombe got us a bit excited for a few minutes. Wrexham was fun also....singing the national anthem when we went 2-1 up sticks in the memory. Rushden & Diamonds away ( do they still exist) not to mention the first trip to Brentford and their hospitable pubs on each corner. Oh dont forget the great win against Salisbury in the first round of the cup! 

On 21/08/2018 at 13:49, kristmace said:

Bored yesterday afternoon so got on with a Wednesday related job: A Wikipedia page for the 2003-4 season - the only season we've had since 1990 that doesn't have one. What an absolute shower we were that year!

Anyway, here it is. Please let me know if there are any errors, and also where I might be able to get the attendances for each game from. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2003–04_Sheffield_Wednesday_F.C._season

After further consideration of this thread I'm now certain the 2003-2004 season was the absolute Nadir of Wednesday's current plight, and that was 15 years ago FFS. It was the season where all hope was abandoned. A slash and burn policy was employed which took many years to recover from. 

Some one should write a book about it and the subsequent seasons. I'll give them the title for free. "Venomous *******" the death and rebirth of Sheffield Wednesday. 

16 hours ago, gypsyowl said:

Wasn't there another Quinn brother called Adam who you’re thinking of? 

I'm going to dig out some old programmes, if I can find them. They're was definitely a brother in the Reserves who didn't sign as I remember it. 

I can't believe I only missed one or two games that season, like above poster "a lot of new grounds to tick off. 

Losing 3-1 at Chesterfield was lowest point for me, we was awful and Chessie fans were taking wee wee out of us for 90 minutes.

First half at Swindon in first game was highlight, 3-0 up at half time in unbelievably hot weather with thousands of Wednesdayites present, brought back memories of Ipswich in 90-91, I thought we was going to walk league just like back then. 

Edited by bradowl