Westwood Vows To Bounce Back

39 minutes ago, SiJ said:

Tbf...at some point we have to start moving on from the team who finished in the playoffs twice. 

No sentiment in football and so on. 

We have, Wallace & Loovens are gone. 

As good as Dawson has the potential to be I am not sure he is ready for a full season as first choice at a club with Championship promotion ambitions. He has plenty of time ahead of him and doesn't need to be rushed. I think in the long-run Dawson will be better than Wildsmith. For me an experienced top keeper is key and there are plenty of other players to look at moving on if we want to reduce the wage bill. 

On 08/06/2018 at 18:21, Sticky belly said:

He’s the best we’ve got. Let’s get him fit and play him in the last year of his contract and let’s push on. Dawson and Wildsmith are not at his level. They are promising and one day one of them could be. 

Westwood will still be a top keeper at this level for a couple of years yet providing he’s fit. Can’t really understand people wanting him to leave. He’s a class act. 

Yes in an ideal scenario i would keep him,but if we have to balance the books a bit we're well stocked in the goalkeeper department and both Dawson and Joe need games under their belt and would probably impact us less than losing players in other areas of the pitch. 

We can’t keep all 3 keepers, but I’d also be wary of only 2 youngsters. 

Westwood would be the perfect mentor for one of Wildsmith or Dawson, but I can’t see the other one being happy wth a loan out, so someone has to go. 

Wildsmith is contracted to 2022...anyone know how long Dawson has?