Well, well, well...

1 hour ago, TrickyTrev said:

I read the article where Fernando Forestieri said that Carlos decided to carry on playing Forestieri whilst injured last season and at the start of this season.

I also enjoyed the interviews where both Sam Hutchinson and Tom Lees said that under Carlos, if you’d spent a lengthy spell on the side lines due to injury and you’d had 1/2 training sessions you’d be rushed straight back into the side.

I also read the tweet where Paul Smith eluded to the fact that Carlos was rushing players back from injury and I enjoyed the press conference where George Boyd said that under Carlos the players weren’t fit enough.

Other than the above examples though I’m sure you’re right and Carlos has played no role at all in contributing to the worst injury crisis I’ve ever known at Hillsborough. lol

you've read different articles to me.

Hutchinson said he owed his career to Carlos

Tome Lees said he had no problem with the way it was before, its just different under Jos

Forestieri said it was a decision everybody made together that he carried on playing

You're reading what you want to read and then getting mad about it. Its what daft people do. Don't be daft, you're not daft

3 hours ago, ramone said:

you've read different articles to me.

Hutchinson said he owed his career to Carlos

Tome Lees said he had no problem with the way it was before, its just different under Jos

Forestieri said it was a decision everybody made together that he carried on playing

You're reading what you want to read and then getting mad about it. Its what daft people do. Don't be daft, you're not daft

I’m stating facts, Lees and Hutchinson were rushed back from injury. After one training session they were thrown back into the side after lengthy lay offs. 

They have both said that.

Forestieri was playing with an injury that required surgery, he’s said that.

Footballers want to play football, of course they’ll play if called upon but sometimes they need protecting from themselves, they need managing.

Hutchinson and Lees have both said Luhukay was protecting them, in affect he was managing their injuries. Something Carlos failed miserably to do and we have paid the price this season.

It’s my opinion that Carlos’s lax attitude towards fitness has been a huge contributor to the injury problems we’ve had this season and the fact that his scapegoat was the medical team who he had sacked and had worked at the club for years was particularly low. A medical team that Gary Megson recently stated had performed well at the club during his time here.

We can then go on to discuss Paul Smiths tweet where he eluded to Carlos rushing players back from injury and of course George Boyd saying the players weren’t previously fit enough under Carlos.

As a club we are far far better off now that he’s gone.

It's never black or white.

I'm sure the players are grateful to Carlos for what he did for them. Therefore they aren't going to come out and talk badly of the man. 

On the other hand, he was negligent towards player rehabilitation. His whole philosophy was built around fitness coming from within, going the extra mile for the cause because you believe in the cause.  He wrote a whole book on it. Once players lose faith in the boss as they did after two successive play-off blows, things start to unravel. As they have this season. Fitness issues arise and players begin to break down. A very short term approach and our short term goal failed and we have dealt with the very bad hangover this year. 

Players will always want to play, they're professionals and want to play at the highest level, so they weren't going to turn around and say, sorry boss I don't fancy being on the pitch when we win at Wembley to get to the Premier League.

However, my gripe is I believe the run in to last season we had the squad to deal with injuries. Fernando, Hutch and Lee didn't necessarily need to be rushed back. We had Winnall available, Jones was playing well. Carlos had his favourites and ultimately it cost him. And potentially it has cost Kieran Lee his career. For that I struggle to sympathise with the man.

Edited by SallyCinnamon