Well, well, well...

8 minutes ago, slinger208b said:

I don’t think many people with common sense actually thought that he was. We had the most unlucky period in our history with injuries so people overreacted. 

All of our players want to play when they can (excluding the Norwich fiasco). 

Last season when he got injured. When was it? February? March? He went to the thornbury and was told he needed surgery and would be out for the season. The club didn't accept that and went elsewhere, abroad, for other opinions. I remember at the time the papers were being told they were after second and third opinions. To me they were just looking for people to try to get him back that season.

Fernando obviously had a say, but just like Tom Lees had said, players just want to get back to playing. It was negligent getting him back too early and I wonder if this is a reason why Carlos fell out with the medical staff. The result is we have not had him playing most of this season 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

It’s like watching the press conferences with Smith and Lehmann. 

Far too much talking. Just get in the pitch and win some points ffs. 

Bored of it now. Relentless updates from player after player on how they’ve battled through extreme gout in the bellend just to put the bins out. 

Who’s next, Abdi talking about his monthly check up at Vision Express where he battled through the traffic at Meadowhall?

• Haha 7

51 minutes ago, RockieOwl said:

Last season when he got injured. When was it? February? March? He went to the thornbury and was told he needed surgery and would be out for the season. The club didn't accept that and went elsewhere, abroad, for other opinions. I remember at the time the papers were being told they were after second and third opinions. To me they were just looking for people to try to get him back that season.

Fernando obviously had a say, but just like Tom Lees had said, players just want to get back to playing. It was negligent getting him back too early and I wonder if this is a reason why Carlos fell out with the medical staff. The result is we have not had him playing most of this season 

Have you read the article?

'Forestieri started this season with a ticking timebomb in his knee joint .'

WHY?

I can understand, to a certain extent, taking the risk in the play offs when the potential prize is promotion to the top flight. 

However, surely after the defeat to Huddersfield, you get him in surgery ASAP so the first 3 months of recovery is taken when the season is over?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, slinger208b said:

Have read it now.

Sure FF said he was up and down the motorway to Watford at midnight trying to get fit during last season.

12 minutes ago, MaliceInBlunderland said:

'Forestieri started this season with a ticking timebomb in his knee joint .'

WHY?

I can understand, to a certain extent, taking the risk in the play offs when the potential prize is promotion to the top flight. 

However, surely after the defeat to Huddersfield, you get him in surgery ASAP so the first 3 months of recovery is taken when the season is over?

Exactly. If this story is true then any player or club with an ounce of common sense would have sorted it immediately after the Huddersfield game.

Crazy decisions all round by the looks of it.