The Rhodes/Joao partnership

Guest Xxxxxxxxcxcc
33 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

I think Joao is the number one starter, or should be Who partners him? None of the current options are particularly convincing His ideal partners would be Hooper, or Forestieri Maybe I’d like to see Joao and Matias given a run out, but although they’d be good on the counter attack, they might be a little lightweight as a pairing However, Rhodes, although standing over six foot, doesn’t exactly have a physical presence Neither does he have the skill or pace of Matias Where he “scores” over Matias, is his finishing, but that seems to have deserted him. Nuhiu has physical presence, holds the ball up, and ironically, has been the most prolific under Jos 

So, none of the options are ideal, so it’s probably worth persisting with Joao/Rhodes for the time being, or at least until we get Hooper and Forestieri back Unless of course, we bring someone in this week

I'd argue that Nuhiu should be first pick but suspect that Jos looks at the pairing primarily. That's why I think JR and LJ will get the nod tomorrow. If Nuhiu played I reckon MM would be alongside.

Edited by Xxxxxxxxcxcc

Guest RocketOwl

The Rhodes brigade clinging on again to the tails that because Joao played well Rhodes had something to do with it, the reality is Joao may as well been on his own upfront and was kmaxkefed because of it.

1 hour ago, RocketOwl said:

The Rhodes brigade clinging on again to the tails that because Joao played well Rhodes had something to do with it, the reality is Joao may as well been on his own upfront and was kmaxkefed because of it.

Joao did really well to create those two good chances for himself.

:rolleyes:

• Thanks 1

On 21/01/2018 at 07:04, owls101 said:

Joao has talent but will never make it to be a top player....too casual, doesn't want it enough and couldn't finish  his dinner

The same could have been said about Leon Clarke previously, yet we’d have taken his goals this season. 

17 hours ago, RocketOwl said:

Are your eyes actually painted on? Or has JR insulted a close relative?

:tango: