can the club do anything right?

15 hours ago, Indoor Owl said:

Chansiri has started another company, a taxi firm, that is paying Sheffield Wednesday for the sponsorship rights.

FFP rules only allow an owner to contribute so much personal money, and the club to carry so much debt.

Our chairman has literally created his own taxi company as an avenue to funnel additional funds to the club but still comply with FFP.

Genuine question, Is he actually allowed to do that within FFP rules.

While any sponsorship coming from such a company might not be directly from DC's pocket I thought there was something about an owner not being allowed to use related undertakings or whatever the term is to plough extra money into the club.

27 minutes ago, mogbad said:

Genuine question, Is he actually allowed to do that within FFP rules.

While any sponsorship coming from such a company might not be directly from DC's pocket I thought there was something about an owner not being allowed to use related undertakings or whatever the term is to plough extra money into the club.

I think I have seen this answered on anther thread whereby this is not that much of a loophole under FFP.

I think the sponsorship paid has to be within its market value. So say market value to sponsor Wednesday this way by taxi firm is £100,000 per year this is fine but against the rules to sponsor the club by £10m.

Just noticed like another poster said that Chansiri is included in the club legends on the season ticket card. Did make me groan a little.

6 minutes ago, HIGHERSTATE said:

Sheffielders really are dour moaning gossip mongering hobbits arnt they

I heard that from some bloke in Fargate