Jordan Rhodes - The Stats

Guest Ash76

Guest Ash76
1 minute ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

OK. I'll be honest, I can't think of a striker who wouldn't look average at best if we took away all their goals.

Can you give me an example so I can follow your train of thought?

I'm sure you know the point that was being made so i'm not going to get into the pedantics

On 05/07/2017 at 22:02, WayneTheOwl said:

Simple thing is, play them together and the goals will flow. To me they seem like a perfect partnership up front. Is Carlos going to play them together? I doubt it unless he's going to run with Fernando on wing with Boyd on the other (to me that is almost as good as you will get in our league, in full flow and working, and with Abdi pulling the strings in midfield).

They will if they get the service, which has been the problem for years and not the actual strikers. We need a style of football that suits them, is more unpredictable for defenders to read and not resorting to lumping high crosses into the box on every attack.

It's the wrong philosophy to buy so many players that they all play a bit, because the coach picks the ones who look best in training each week, but no teamwork develops.

This continues to look to be the case in midfield and upfront. It's been astonishing to acquire another wideman who likes to cut in and not run down the flanks. Apparently our coach likes his wingers to tuck in!! More of the same beckons. Wallace Reach and Boyd can all meet up in the middle of the pitch about 15 yards outside the opposition penalty area!

Meanwhile Fletcher or Rhodes or Hooper each expect a pass, whoever is picked, but they are fully marked by the time it happens, so why not pass it sideways?

On 7/5/2017 at 21:57, Ash76 said:

So the Nixon thread is the latest that's turned in to a Rhodes thread.

I acknowledge his past goals but also share some concerns with others that he's not done that for around 2 years now. 

I keep hearing that if we play to his strengths he'll do the business. I'm not so sure considering what I've seen of him. I know he's had chances for us so thought i'd go and have a look at the stats. I've included Hooper for comparison too.

2ef85j5.png

*Stats from squawka.com

** Hooper 13/14 stats in Premier League

This is what I mean when I say people can't see past his past goals tally. Anyway on that he's not scored over 20 in 2 years now. I think what is particularly telling on the figures is he actually needs a lot more chances than people think, his goals to chances aren't great and his shot accuracy isn't either.

This isn't to bash him, granted I didn't want us to sign him but the purpose is to open peoples eyes to the fact he isn't the magic wand and blaming the manager would be wrong.

His goals to games was great for Blackburn but he's yet to replicate that at the top end of the championship or higher, personally I think that will be difficult without risking our number of defeats column.

Anyway I wish him luck, I hope he can prove me wrong

Why Rhodes is missing chances