Jordan Rhodes - The Stats

Guest Ash76

Guest Ash76

So the Nixon thread is the latest that's turned in to a Rhodes thread.

I acknowledge his past goals but also share some concerns with others that he's not done that for around 2 years now. 

I keep hearing that if we play to his strengths he'll do the business. I'm not so sure considering what I've seen of him. I know he's had chances for us so thought i'd go and have a look at the stats. I've included Hooper for comparison too.

2ef85j5.png

*Stats from squawka.com

** Hooper 13/14 stats in Premier League

This is what I mean when I say people can't see past his past goals tally. Anyway on that he's not scored over 20 in 2 years now. I think what is particularly telling on the figures is he actually needs a lot more chances than people think, his goals to chances aren't great and his shot accuracy isn't either.

This isn't to bash him, granted I didn't want us to sign him but the purpose is to open peoples eyes to the fact he isn't the magic wand and blaming the manager would be wrong.

His goals to games was great for Blackburn but he's yet to replicate that at the top end of the championship or higher, personally I think that will be difficult without risking our number of defeats column.

Anyway I wish him luck, I hope he can prove me wrong

Edited by Ash76

Simple thing is, play them together and the goals will flow. To me they seem like a perfect partnership up front. Is Carlos going to play them together? I doubt it unless he's going to run with Fernando on wing with Boyd on the other (to me that is almost as good as you will get in our league, in full flow and working, and with Abdi pulling the strings in midfield).

All Rhodes needs is a good run in a settled team and a reasonable supply, play to his strengths and goals will follow. 

His move to Boro may have been financially rewarding but it was a career mistake, we can't learn much if anything from his time there.

Edited by Morepork

44 minutes ago, WayneTheOwl said:

Simple thing is, play them together and the goals will flow. To me they seem like a perfect partnership up front. Is Carlos going to play them together? I doubt it unless he's going to run with Fernando on wing with Boyd on the other (to me that is almost as good as you will get in our league, in full flow and working, and with Abdi pulling the strings in midfield).

If we did pair them together, which one plays in the hole, and which is the hold up player?

Who cares how many goals he scores if we win more than we lose and go up next year

It doesn't matter how many goals he scores, its all about promotion. If we don't go up and Rhodes has a bad year goals wise, then criticise him. But for now, just support and team and believe in him to do well

42 minutes ago, MOwl said:

Who cares how many goals he scores if we win more than we lose and go up next year

It doesn't matter how many goals he scores, its all about promotion. If we don't go up and Rhodes has a bad year goals wise, then criticise him. But for now, just support and team and believe in him to do well

Well, sort of this. He did the job he was asked to do by Carlos, and the team kept winning. He's not the best man for the job, that's why Fletcher was selected ahead of him, but he didn't let anyone down when he did play

23 minutes ago, WayneTheOwl said:

One quality winger is signed , get another and Rhodes and Hooper will score the goals we require. 

43 minutes ago, Ash76 said:

So the Nixon thread is the latest that's turned in to a Rhodes thread.

I acknowledge his past goals but also share some concerns with others that he's not done that for around 2 years now. 

I keep hearing that if we play to his strengths he'll do the business. I'm not so sure considering what I've seen of him. I know he's had chances for us so thought i'd go and have a look at the stats. I've included Hooper for comparison too.

2ef85j5.png

*Stats from squawka.com

** Hooper 13/14 stats in Premier League

This is what I mean when I say people can't see past his past goals tally. Anyway on that he's not scored over 20 in 2 years now. I think what is particularly telling on the figures is he actually needs a lot more chances than people think, his goals to chances aren't great and his shot accuracy isn't either.

This isn't to bash him, granted I didn't want us to sign him but the purpose is to open peoples eyes to the fact he isn't the magic wand and blaming the manager would be wrong.

His goals to games was great for Blackburn but he's yet to replicate that at the top end of the championship or higher, personally I think that will be difficult without risking our number of defeats column.

Anyway I wish him luck, I hope he can prove me wrong

He was scoring for fun until his ill fated move to Boro which accounts for the 2015/2016 season, as for last season he came to us in Jan, was half fit after very little game time and was played wrongly so you point isn't a true refelection of his scoring record.

Here's some Jordan Rhodes facts

The man is absolutely deadly in front of goal

At 27 he's approaching his peak 

If CC provides him with a midfield that can give him chances, he WILL score goals..... lots of em

Guest Ash76
Just now, Blue and white said:

He was scoring for fun until his ill fated move to Boro which accounts for the 2015/2016 season, as for last season he came to us in Jan, was half fit after very little game time and was played wrongly so you point isn't a true refelection of his scoring record.

Scoring for fun? He needed 5 chances per goal or as per those figures, compare that to Hooper who needs 3 on everage for us but has delivered a goal every other chance in 14/15. This is the point i'm trying to make, improving service is no guarantee with him. If he can improve goals to chances to 1 in 3 i'd be happy.

If we are going to discuss Jordan Rhodes, let's not dwell in the past. His goals record at this level, in the past, speaks for itself. The championship is a different beast now, better players, better managers with more resources.

why do we have to get, new wingers, and new midfield players, just to help Jordan Rhodes recreate his heydays at Blackburn and Huddersfield? It's pathetic, what we have now exceeds anything those two teams produced, and in a more competitive division. Why do people want to change this? As an earlier poster says, it doesn't matter how many goals Rhodes scores, if he plays his part in a side that continues to progress. 

Edited by gurujuan

3 minutes ago, Ash76 said:

Scoring for fun? He needed 5 chances per goal or as per those figures, compare that to Hooper who needs 3 on everage for us but has delivered a goal every other chance in 14/15. This is the point i'm trying to make, improving service is no guarantee with him. If he can improve goals to chances to 1 in 3 i'd be happy.

Having him and Hooper playing together up front for us makes perfect sense.

Guest Ash76
9 minutes ago, Stoop said:

Here's some Jordan Rhodes facts

The man is absolutely deadly in front of goal

At 27 he's approaching his peak 

If CC provides him with a midfield that can give him chances, he WILL score goals..... lots of em

A goal every 5 chances in not deadly. An average of 55% shot accuracy is not deadly

I'd prefer we feed Hooper who is clearly more likely to give a better return against the chances he gets

My word some of our 'fans' don't half spout it.

Rhodes pretty much had a full season of not playing 1st team football at Boro and we brought him in from the cold.

Bound to not be 100% given those circumstances.

He will score goals in this division with a run of games, decent supply and fewer ar.sehole fans being on his case expecting him to have a strike rate like Messi or Ronaldo. 

These threads are foooking embarrassing.

Guest Ash76
1 minute ago, Blue and white said:

Having him and Hooper playing together up front for us makes perfect sense.

Not for me, Fletcher is a much better option. Maybe I should have used him for comparision

40 minutes ago, WatfordOwl said:

My word some of our 'fans' don't half spout it.

Rhodes pretty much had a full season of not playing 1st team football at Boro and we brought him in from the cold.

Bound to not be 100% given those circumstances.

He will score goals in this division with a run of games, decent supply and fewer ar.sehole fans being on his case expecting him to have a strike rate like Messi or Ronaldo. 

These threads are foooking embarrassing.

With respect, people saying he will score for fun, have no real idea whether that will happen He presumably had a pre season with Boro, and although he wasn't a regular starter, he was ready to step in if needed. Yes, game time sharpens reactions, but plenty of players join sides in January, having not been regulars for their previous clubs.