Jack Stobbs new contract

2 hours ago, owlZfan84 said:

Gotta admit, another year for Stobbs here seems pretty pointless.

He'd of been been best dropping down the leagues and getting a longer contract else where - if he had any suitors.

He'll be released next summer without even kicking a ball for the first team, and limited time out on loan. IMO.

I agree with you but no pleasure in it.He is no closer to first team than he was when 17.It would be something special to break through next season.If he hasn't broken through next season you can't see him getting another deal.I thought he must have been 50/50 this year but he captained the U23s in a strong season and it perhaps has given him one more chance.You would think that if he was that highly thought of he would have got at least two years.Look at Cameron Dawson with three. I just think for his own career it is best sometimes to drop down levels and come again. 

I had high hopes for Betra too but he has taken 2 years to come back from injury after appearing on the first team subs a couple of times under Gray. He looked strong fast & scored some quality goals. He didnt play many games this season though but could still do it if given a chance, as long as he can stay fit now. I hope he does well though. Another player who didn't do quite enough to force his way into the 1st team. Loaning players out has got to be the way forward. Lets hope Stobbs and Hirst both see 1st team action this year and prove they can take the next step. 

12 hours ago, Ante's Bubbly said:

I had high hopes for Betra too but he has taken 2 years to come back from injury after appearing on the first team subs a couple of times under Gray. He looked strong fast & scored some quality goals. He didnt play many games this season though but could still do it if given a chance, as long as he can stay fit now. I hope he does well though. Another player who didn't do quite enough to force his way into the 1st team. Loaning players out has got to be the way forward. Lets hope Stobbs and Hirst both see 1st team action this year and prove they can take the next step. 

I tweeted Bullen about Betra and he did the same knee twice.I did wonder why he was out so long because he was originally going to be out for rest of season but it ended up being two years.Dont know if he will go back to France and find a club or pursue new things.

12 hours ago, malek said:

Can't help but thinking that it was club's decision not to loan players out in favour of creating fairly strong U-23's side.

With the youth loans you get the best of both worlds as they can still play for our side as well.Im sure though that Penney wouldn't have still been playing for our U23s if he had been getting a game for Bradford.