Softest Wednesday Player Ever

52 minutes ago, lukestheman82 said:

Klas Ingesson... Not because of his style of play, but because his lack of play.

Whenever I went to watch Wednesday he was allways injured.

I distinctly remember a bobby moore on Pele esq tackle by Ingesson, can't remember who on but I can still remember it.    He wasn't as nesh as he looked god rest his soul.

Just now, salmonbones said:

I would vote for Sinton, now maybe he wasn't the softest due to the amount of tackles he invited but my god he got scythed down an awful lot.    At times it was like men against a boy with him.

He was absolute gash. His forehead was longer than his legs.

Total waste of 2.7m.

8 minutes ago, lukestheman82 said:

He was absolute gash. His forehead was longer than his legs.

Total waste of 2.7m.

I always wonder why we didn't let him go to Arsenal and buy his QPR replacement instead, Trevor Sinclair.     QPR won twice with those transfers.

5 minutes ago, Owling said:

Hindsight's a great thing. 

True, but we had scouts finding people like Bart Williams, we could have out fought QPR in a straight battle of cash back then.    I just don't get how Sinton was more of a target.    I liked Francis as a manager but he did go for the finished article and those in the public eye most of the time.

2 hours ago, Owling said:

We have the hardest player thread, so here's the softest. I would have gone for Sheridan, but I've change my mind recently to Forestieri on account of him all ways being on his arse crying.

Can't tell if this is serious. I assume not - Shezza might not have roughed it too much but he was certainly not soft, and given the times Nando fights for the ball against heavier players and still comes out with it, he's also not soft.  Am I missing something with this?  

3 minutes ago, salmonbones said:

True, but we had scouts finding people like Bart Williams, we could have out fought QPR in a straight battle of cash back then.    I just don't get how Sinton was more of a target.    I liked Francis as a manager but he did go for the finished article and those in the public eye most of the time.

I think Sinton was regarded as the best left winger in the country at the time, no one was complaining when we signed him, I for one thought we'd won the league when he signed. he was the final piece in the jigsaw, he just turned out to be bobbar.

1 hour ago, Owling said:

You expand on him not being soft.

Never saw him shirk a tackle.

played in midfield in the 80's through to the 90's against combative midfielders and never hid or went missing.

always willing to take the ball.

if he was soft he wouldn't have played so many games in the top flight or in two world cups.

have you got any reasoning for him being soft?

Just now, ka58 said:

played in midfield in the 80's through to the 90's against combative midfielders and 1.never hid or went missing.

if he was soft he wouldn't have played so many games in the top flight or in two world cups.

2.have you got any reasoning for him being soft?

1. Hid behind Palmer, who did all the donkey work

2.My memory tells me this.

15 minutes ago, salmonbones said:

Sinton was disappointing but to be fair he was playing for England and Arsenal were after him also.

hed also had 2 seasons landing the ball on les Ferdinands head and we had Hirst and bright who would have thrived on that.

his opening few games were superb but I agree he was a let down overall - we got 1.5m back for him which was a surprise at the time.

1 minute ago, Owling said:

1. Hid behind Palmer, who did all the donkey work

2.My memory tells me this.

Aye......hid behind Palmer during 3 seasons where we were promoted, won the league cup, qualified for Europe and got to two further cup finals. 

Previous seasons dropped down into the second division in 1990 and stayed at the club to get us back up.

Good hider.

also scored the winner in the league cup final when Palmer didn't play and neil Webb and Brian robson were in the middle of the park for united.

fantastic hider was Sheridan.

7 minutes ago, ka58 said:

played in midfield in the 80's through to the 90's against combative midfielders and never hid or went missing.

have you got any reasoning for him being soft?

Have you ever played Mario, Sheridan ran like Mario.

2 minutes ago, ka58 said:

Aye......hid behind Palmer during 3 seasons where we were promoted, won the league cup, qualified for Europe and got to two further cup finals. 

Previous seasons dropped down into the second division in 1990 and stayed at the club to get us back up.

Good hider.

also scored the winner in the league cup final when Palmer didn't play and neil Webb and Brian robson were in the middle of the park for united.

fantastic hider was Sheridan.

Palmer did all the tackling and ball winning, Sheridan did all the creative stuff.

5 minutes ago, Owling said:

Palmer did all the tackling and ball winning, Sheridan did all the creative stuff.

I think you're just on the wind up.