Softest Wednesday Player Ever

Jeffers.

There are examples of players neshing tackles etc but at least they were on the pitch.

Jeffers got to the point where he was scared of actually going out there at all. After he left us he went on trial at Blackpool and asked Ian Holloway to leave him out of a friendly because they had too many big lads and he might get injured.

Edited by Bluesteel

I can see what you're saying about FF but I can't agree to him being in the softest category just because of hi work rate in tracking back and getting challenges in on opposition centre backs etc. I also can't think of any instances of him meshing challenges.

However Rudi, Reach and Potter the list would be substantial.

3 hours ago, steveger said:

FJ9, headbutted a stoke or port vale player and he ended up getting stretchered off himself.........WTF:

Aye, headbutting members of Mad Frankie Fraser's family would have seen you carried off in a bin liner and deposited somewhere in the English Channel in days gone by. Not the smartest thing to do.

WTF:lollol

You should have seen some of them we had in the mid 70's. Part of the reason why we were so gash, there was no fight in any of them except for Ken Knighton and Hugh Dowd. They were so soft that Tony Toms ended up taking them up on the moors in the middle of January to try and toughen them up a bit.

By the way if Dunsby is looking in, are you by any chance able to post some of the cartoons on here that came out at the time? We may have been bottom of the old Div 3 but the national press had an absolute field day with it.

Hard or soft - is a hard player someone who dishes out firm challenges? For me that's only part of it. The real test is when the player is on the receiving end, and does that player continue to turn in a performance when some bonehead is trying to bully them out of their stride. 

Sheridan didn't let anyone bully him out of the game from what I remember. 

Anyway, my vote for softest player goes to Adam Proudlock. Never challenged for a header, even when there was no defender in sight. 

Recent times...Joao ....hands down ....if ever a player fitted the cliché 'not suited to the physicality of the English game'

Before that..... Nsungu ...as above

And ...  Ermm ....Waddle:ph34r:...best Wednesday player I have ever /will ever see....in the context of this thread tho....big girls blouse

4 hours ago, keefdave said:

Phil Henson

Excellent choice Keefdave, think he was another one from Man City. Made his debut Feb 1975 at Hillsborough, the crowd audibly gasped as Henson ran onto the pitch for the first time . He was slightly built and knock kneed and he had arms and legs like pipe cleaners. When he got knocked off the ball he went down hard. However, as time progressed he learnt to earn himself a little room and became a decent ball player. Went to Rotherham after about 60 odd games.