54 minutes ago, coopswfc76 said:

Is Hanley injured at the minute? I've never rated him and if Berra and Mulgrew are thought as better CB for Scotland then why not sign 1 of those as both left footed, In fact I quite like Mulgrew. 

Mulgrew was very steady yesterday, I was very impressed with him.

The defence is not the issue - only concern being Loovens who can't have much more left in the tank.

The midfield is, and has been the area that needs sorting.  Get this right and the defence and attack will be fine.

Its not as if we have the required quality and firepower.  

Talk of a Ledley being a target - fine, but I dont trust CC to persist with him or even use him properly - root of the issues in the middle of the park IMO.

It's obviously not their main job but one thing our defence doesn't do enough is score. We aren't a threat from set pieces despite having good deliveries into the box more often than not. Most teams can rely on their centre backs getting a few goals each every season and a smattering from the full back positions too - Pudil is really the only one who comes close to pulling his weight in this regard - Loovens has only scored one goal in all his years at the club, Lees tends to get one a season (two if we are lucky) and neither Hunt nor Palmer seem to have any killer instinct in this area despite getting in good positions.

Edited by rikowl

46 minutes ago, rikowl said:

It's obviously not their main job but one thing our defence doesn't do enough is score. We aren't a threat from set pieces despite having good deliveries into the box more often than not. Most teams can rely on their centre backs getting a few goals each every season and a smattering from the full back positions too - Pudil is really the only one who comes close to pulling his weight in this regard - Loovens has only scored one goal in all his years at the club, Lees tends to get one a season (two if we are lucky) and neither Hunt nor Palmer seem to have any killer instinct in this area despite getting in good positions.

Partly because they aren't great in the air, either at the back, or when they come up for set plays